The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Celomony Melodyne
Old 6th May 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Celomony Melodyne

Anybody ou there using it on a regular basis? I'm thinking of it as an alternative to autotune. Any comments appreciated.

Old 6th May 2003
Founder

High end moderator gave it a go when it first came out and found the quality hit to the signal too high to continue with..

perhaps it's had an overhaul??
Old 6th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I visited them at the Frankfurter Messe. They gave me the latest version and I tried that one. It is better .... much better then the first version I tried but to be honest ... not quite there yet. The outcome of the processed soundfile still sounds like there's a low pass filter on it and especially the breathing in voices still sounds somewhat 'phaser' processed.

I'm still a full believer of the programm ... the possibilities are awesome and indeed could be considered as a SUPER autotune / vocalign tool to name but 2 ... but for now the soundquality is not yet good enough to be called 'professional'
Old 6th May 2003
Mindreader

🎧 15 years
It's still just an 'audio mangler' for me. Tend to dig it out for whacky stuff that isn't going anywhere and try and arrange a happy accident.
Old 6th May 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I'm using version 1.5 and find it very useful if the original vocal is not too far off although there are certain things it does to the sound quality - mostly in the higher frequencies.

As a mangler or for experiments it's great.

Version 2 should be out soon so hopefully there will be improvements.
Old 28th August 2003
Mindreader

🎧 15 years
So what's version 2 like?
It just came out
Old 28th August 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Version 2 has a plugin bridge that has done nothing but crash Logic when I've tried to use it. I should read the manual!

The sound seemed a bit better although I have yet to really give it a work out.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…