The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Langevin Dual Vocal Combo..Any thoughts?
Old 30th August 2005
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Langevin Dual Vocal Combo..Any thoughts?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a stereo channel strip that is gonna sound good for running my modules (Fantom XR, TR Rack, etc) thru to get them sounding big and fat. Also I'm taking a stereo channel out of my DAW to fatten up soft-synths. Any thoughts on the Dual Vocal Combo or any other item in a comparable price range? Thanks!
Old 30th August 2005
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have used a DVC on keyboard inputs (in my case, a Kurzweil 2500X) for several years but haven't spent much time A/Bing this with other preamps at my disposal. I have used an API 3124+ as well - and it sounded great - but usually reserve those channels for drums. When I'm running out of input channels I sometimes use an FMR RNP for keys instead of the DVC - I think they have a similar sound. I'm about to start a new scoring project and am looking forward to trying my Neve Porticos on some patches to see how much fatter it might make them. But the DVC is a nice combo unit if you want the hi/lo shelving EQ and the opto limiters (which I don't ever recall using while tracking keys). If you don't eq or limit keys when tracking, consider the RNP as a more affordable alternative.
📝 Reply