Quantcast
iPod records - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iPod records
Old 3rd May 2003
Old 4th May 2003
Mindreader

🎧 15 years
The new line of iPods feature more than just additional games. Thanks to a tip on iPodding.com, several readers have confirmed that the devices are capable of recording, hinting at what may be coming next from music-obsessed Apple.

Although the implications of having a 30 GB digital recorder are far reaching, the iPods' talent in that area is still not ready for prime time -- Apple does not provide any external microphone or recording accessory that exploits the new capability. A reader on iPodding claims to have inside information:

"I received an unofficial confirmation from an Apple employee tonight when I bought my 30GB that there would be an adapter with a line-in for recording available "in a few months.""

The general belief is that the musical jukeboxes' will connect to upcoming Apple-branded microphones via the new dock-connector port, which is located at the bottom of the unit. In the mean time, readers are reporting mild success with makeshift audio-input devices.

"The quality isn't amazing but it shows that the capability is [mostly] there," wrote Jason Carter, who recorded with his new iPod by speaking into the headphones.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…