Quantcast
Got the MOTU HD192, but.... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Got the MOTU HD192, but....
Old 30th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Got the MOTU HD192, but....

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I have the Preamp connected Analog Out to the (HD 192 Analog In), AES Out of the 192 to the d8bs PDI card.

According to the manual, if I use CueMix, I shouldn't hear any latency. I'm not using CueMix, and I'm not hearing any latency. I'm not complaining, but shouldn't there be a difference between using DP3, and the zero latency CueMix program?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Imagine
Old 1st May 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
do you WANT latency? i dont get what suggestions you are looking for... but maybe you are answering my question. im wondering if i buy the pci424 if cuemixdsp is "transparent" when using DP or if i need to still use the cuemix console for no latency monitoring.
Old 1st May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I know my question's a little ambiguous. I guess what I'm trying to say is, why do we need the CueMix. There's no latency with it or without.

If I monitor via the d8b or HD192, there's no difference. If the new DSP chip on the 424 card has anything to do with it, well it's pretty damn amazing.
Old 1st May 2003
Lives for gear

Imagine

how does it sound ?
Old 1st May 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
im wondering if i buy the pci424 if cuemixdsp is "transparent" when using DP or if i need to still use the cuemix console for no latency monitoring.
Alpha ... are you aware you can't buy just the pci424 card? ... noway nohow ... they simply won't let you do it without a peice of hardware attached

Quote:
if I use CueMix, I shouldn't hear any latency. I'm not using CueMix, and I'm not hearing any latency. I'm not complaining, but shouldn't there be a difference between using DP3, and the zero latency CueMix program?
The 424 eliminates latency no matter what your interface is .. at least that the way it was told to me ... What's your impression of the 192 ?
Old 1st May 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
i would buy the HD192 to get the 424 card.
Old 1st May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Kyle,

I like the 192 very much. It a wonderful unit, now that they've "somehow" managed to get the latency problem corrected. I still don't understand why they created "CueMix". I'm not using it while in DP. I guess they created it for other programs such as Nuendo, Cubase etc..., cause there's no need for it in DP.

Alpha, get the card, buy the unit whatever you do, and I know you're a real fan for Motu products, and believe you me, I'm not that far behind you, this new 424 is ****ing amazing. There's no latency. I'm running my guitar into a pre, into the 192, into the d8b, without any latency I had when using the 324. If they had 4 DSP chips per card to handle mega plugins, etc..., Digi would be bankrupt!

Imagine
πŸ“ Reply