Hard drugs in the studio - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hard drugs in the studio
Old 17th August 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I renamed the thread in respect for people that have had friends die of drugs (all of us????) I can see no "pro's" to it.
thumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I renamed the thread in respect for people that have had friends die of drugs (all of us????) I can see no "pro's" to it.
Thank you Jules!!!! and sorry for my (joke) "other thread"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman
thumbsup
thumbsup ]thumbsup[ no pro
pan
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey there are some funny things happening even in the har-drug-corner:

Big english band comes in for a two week session and asks the assistant for "An Ounce" for the session.

He comes back with an ounce of the best Hash he could get hold of (and great assistants usually have access to some GREAT stuff;-) so he proudly presents the piece to one of the band members and gets an irritated look:

Yeah, cool! But where's the coke???
member no 666

🎧 15 years
Well some of my fondest memories have included Jimmy Miller and a bundle of smack.

My only rule about drugs in my control room [and any room where I'm working is my control room until the end of the gig] is that if you bring drugs to a session, bring enough to share with the class., and you respect my "sober 'till 6" rule [nobody gets high or drinks before 6p unless you're a stone cold adict which leaves you damn little choice].

Yeah, I've had my share of friends die from it, to the point where I don't go to funerals if the death was caused by drugs or suicide [there was a point where they were dropping like one a month when I made that little personal policy... it's a bit more negotiable these days... if it was a really good friend then I'll go].

I don't know too many heavy dopers that aren't dead or in prison any more... like one or two [and one of them swears he cleaned up] but for a while it just came with the territory... if I didn't work with people on dope, I wouldn't have worked... all I really ever asked of them was to bring enough to share.
Old 18th August 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Fletcher,

Your modest bluntness rings a tune of truth here.

That's all I have to say.

Fleaman
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

i have discovered friends..............

jules, the whole point was that title - shooting heroin in the studio - pros / cons
pain and humour walk together....... the absurdity of the multiple choice
approach to a nightmare........

i understand, but the temptation to start a renegade thread may linger; i'll
try to control myself
i hope you appreciated this morning's title: livestock in the studio: gobos, patience & hay

be well

- jack
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by David R.
In my studio, it's:

No blow
No smack
If I see it
You ain't coming back

Who has the second verse? heh
No weed
No speed
if I catch you
you bleed

(uh, that was pretty bad, eh...)
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
True story:
A coke head was mixinging in RCA's studio in Rio De Janiero. The entire time he was mixing he was doing massive amounts of coke. A band member walked in to listen the mixes and noticed the engineer passed out on the couch, so he left. He came back three days later to get the finals and they told him to get them from the engineer, he was asleep on the couch in the studio. The musician walks in and say
"Dude, that guy was asleep in the same position 3 days ago when I was here."
The guy OD'd on the couch and everybody thought he was asleep, nobody seemed to notice... and to make matters worse, the mixes he did were so bad that they had to remix them in the same room a couple days later.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…