Quantcast
Switching from Nuendo and Pro Tools to Logic - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Switching from Nuendo and Pro Tools to Logic
Old 28th April 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Switching from Nuendo and Pro Tools to Logic

So, everyone keeps telling me about how Logic is the new big thing for DAWs and I was thinking of switching from working primarily in Pro Tools and Nuendo. My main focus is broadcast post. What will I be missing? Anyone successfully taken the plunge into Logic for broadcast post?

Thnx. =]
Old 28th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Logic is pretty good, but IMO, the "new big thing" (although it isn't that new-just unknown) is Samplitude and Sequoia. It is PC only if that is a problem for you, but a pretty amazing DAW.

I'm doing classical editing and radio production in Sequoia for broadcasts that end up on several local radio stations here in LA. If you can imagine a cross between Sonic Solutions Editing and a mixing paradigm that is better than PT or Nuendo, that is Sequoia.

It may not be the best choice for you as "Broadcast Post" is a pretty broad topic. That said, if you are shopping for a new DAW, it would pay for you to examine these:

http://www.samplitude.com

--Ben
Old 28th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Logic is my sequencer of choice, you are making a good move if you are in it for the tracking/composing side(composing with an emphasis on samplers/synths etc.) but if you just need to do a lot of audio file positioning and editing you might be better off with dp3/4. Logic is a tad more painful than dp when it comes to arranging vast quanties of little samples. You can achieve the same results as in dp but logic might take a couple more keycommands and has a steeper learning curve. One thing worth noting: Emagic has rotten customer service,, especially when it comes to upgrades. Wholistically speaking though Logic is totally where its at as far as daw's go imo.
📝 Reply