Quantcast
Jules in NYC / Gearslutz East coast chapter meet up Sat 28th June - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Jules in NYC / Gearslutz East coast chapter meet up Sat 28th June
Old 26th April 2003

I will be over in late June / Early July.

I would like to have a NYC area / East Coast Gearslutz late lunch somewhere in Manhattan on Sat 28th.

Ideas for venue please? (Obviously a booth style diner would be unsuitable for a group over 4)

I will probably start another thread as ideas form into a solid plan...

Meanwhile....

What's a decent hotel? I like Houston St / Ludlow bars.. But am open minded about Williamsburg. Some sort of "deal" around $120 per night.. Willing to go higher if the place is real cool and a memorable stay.

I have keys to a friends loft in Chambers St for the bulk of my stay (he will be out of town), but when he comes back from his trip my girl and I want to shift over to a hotel over the weekend for continued privacy & air con.

Thanks!

Old 26th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cool, Jules! You'll be in my neck of the woods. I'll look around- but until you know how many people would be hanging out, it might be tough to figure out
Old 26th April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years

http://www.gramercyparkhotel.com/rooms.html

Little further up town but great bar. Very privet. Great eats around as well. Have the door man let you into Gramercy Park to walk around. Nice.

http://www.franklinhotel.com/

Way up town and pricey. Right in the heart of the fashion dist. My absolute favorite place to stay. The number of models wandering around this place is reason enough to go. Plus, I love cherry wood furniture and this place cornered the market on it. You will love it.

Dan-O
Old 26th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i'll bring NYC's finest greenery..thats if you smoke... and i ain't talkin cigarettes either heh
Old 26th April 2003
I gave up recreational subtances 7 years ago, but dont disaprove and I am sure some of the crew might wanna get a little 'tee hee' after lunch!

Gramercy park hotel featured in our "perhaps" list already.. And there is a fair in the park that Sunday.. Could be good we thought...(or bad?????)

Franklin looks good but too spendy however I have logged it for future visits on 'other peoples money' / job trips..

Thanks all!

Keep the ideas coming!

Old 26th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Count me in. I'll do some recon. Are we looking for this to be an evening or afternoon affair?
Old 26th April 2003
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Count me in also.

I'll help find the place, but as mentioned before, we need to know how many people
Old 26th April 2003
Mindreader

🎧 15 years
Very tempting.

And I don't even live there.
Old 26th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
I gave up recreational subtances 7 years ago, but dont disaprove and I am sure some of the crew might wanna get a little 'tee hee' after lunch!

Gramercy park hotel featured in our "perhaps" list already.. And there is a fair in the park that Sunday.. Could be good we thought...(or bad?????)

Franklin looks good but too spendy however I have logged it for future visits on 'other peoples money' / job trips..

Thanks all!

Keep the ideas coming!

so what is the afternoon/evening going to be like? i was thinking getting hammered with some alcohol and greens ...proceeded by a nice dialogue...or chasing some femmes, as long as getting hammered is part of the plan i'm game for whatever i'm 23 so my agenda maybe different then some... heh ... and as long there is a place to smoke indoors. smoking outside in NYC is a certain trip to jail
Old 26th April 2003
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Hey Jules,

I have a project in Mexico around that time. But if for some reason I will be here, you can surely count me in.
Old 26th April 2003
Favorite is a long late lunch, chore escaping time slot.

Maximum eats
maximum chatter

But we can see how things go...
Old 26th April 2003
Lives for gear

I'll have completed my move to the East Coast by then, so I'd be happy to make the drive down from Mass. for the shindig!
Old 26th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Count me in as well.
Old 26th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Damn! I 've got a doubleheader (2 playing gigs) already booked for that day/night.
Old 27th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Kelly & Ping on Greene St. in SoHo is a cool lunch/dinner spot.
Old 27th April 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
FWIW... the Gramercy Park Hotel is my favorite 'budget' address in NYC... there was a fairly brilliant "brew pub" [Brooklyn Beer Works or something like that] around Canal St. in Soho a few years ago that might be appropriate... don't know if it's still there or not.
Old 27th April 2003
Mindreader

🎧 15 years
One of those pubs in Union Square. Dangerous.
Old 27th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The Hog Pit (NOT hogs and heiffers) in the Meat Packing district could be a good bet. Food is great (ribs, meats, burgers, mac and cheese, home cooking type fare,) lots of beer, good jukebox, and it's pretty easy to bring tables together for as many seats as we might need. No one blinks if you don't want to spend any money, but you can eat or drink at pretty much any level you want. It also tends to be a thin crowd in the afternoon.

ps. it's on the seedy side. good for degeneracy.
Old 27th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I might be in the Boston area at that time ... maybe worth the trip and spend a day or 2 in NYC.
Old 27th April 2003
OK thats it, 2 votes for Gramercy Park along with our hunch...

Chris L, Book in for Friday night to be there for Sat lunch, we should be there for Sat 28th & Sun 29th.

heh
Old 28th April 2003
One with big hooves

🎧 15 years
What was the place the last r.a.p AES dinner was at? That was pretty good grub and a nice room.
Old 28th April 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
http://www.hotelchelsea.com/ (under 120.00)

http://radioperfecto.com/1.html

(cheap hang on the lower eastside - ave B and 12th, excellent for groups)

Glen
Old 28th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Tepmting, but 3000 miles is too much of a schlep for me. Bring it to the Bay area and we'll all meet up for a Giants game.

Wish I could, next time. Have fun.

Old 29th April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Would like to meet all of you

Count me in.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…