Quantcast
Rosetta 800 w/ 192's...Need a Big Ben? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rosetta 800 w/ 192's...Need a Big Ben?
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Rosetta 800 w/ 192's...Need a Big Ben?

We're finally upgrading our studio to HD and are looking for the best configuration of AD/DA converstion. Thinking about one 192 and two rosetta 800's (96k) or two 192's and one rosetta, but we're curious to know if the clock in the rosetta is as good as the one in the Big Ben? W/ those convertors is it possible to use the rosetta clock as master and get as good of quality as opposed to three 192's clocked to a Big Ben?
We'll need at least 24 ins/16 outs and we'll be running our tt patchbay via db25 into whatever convertors we go with...any info would be appreciated.
thanks,

robert
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
no. the clock in the big ben is superior to the rosetta. i had both one rosetta 800 96k, one rosetta 192k, and a big ben.

with the big ben the rosettas sounded better imo. don't get me wrong though, the clock in the rosettas are great but the big ben is better.

if interested i'm sell my rosetta 800 192K. it's in excellent condition.
Old 13th August 2005
Rob...

I'm being hypocritical when I say this cause I HATE when someone post it in a thread especially when you're trying to get info but........ You might wanna do a search someone did a thread on this already about 2 weeks ago... I know you don't wanna hear that but it's true.
T.
Old 13th August 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
AD/DA 16
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
ok

thanks dolo for your reply...appreciate the info

phunky...fyi, i did a search and read many a post...however there were mixed opinions and in one case i even read that it may sound worse w/ a big ben...i was trying to be specific to my situation and your comment helped none what-so-ever.
thanks for spreading the love.

jpupo...that is an option we're investigating also...thanks
Old 14th August 2005 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio
thanks dolo for your reply...appreciate the info

phunky...fyi, i did a search and read many a post...however there were mixed opinions and in one case i even read that it may sound worse w/ a big ben...i was trying to be specific to my situation and your comment helped none what-so-ever.
thanks for spreading the love.

jpupo...that is an option we're investigating also...thanks
Don't be soo testy fella.. I told you I hate those posts too, but it was almost/pretty close to the same question.... I'll find it for you and post a link if I can..
T.
๐Ÿ“ Reply