Quantcast
Rumor and Mangler? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rumor and Mangler?
Old 13th April 2003
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Rumor and Mangler?

I cant afford a KSP8. The Kurzweil website says that the new Rumor and Mangler boxes are gonna be sold at a "very low cost". How low is "very low cost"? Does anyone here know? Do they sound good?
Old 13th April 2003
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
I read somewhere around 700 each. I think it was from the guy from the company and I think that was retail price.
Old 13th April 2003
member no 666

๐ŸŽง 15 years
We have one of the 'beta' versions of the 'Rumor' at the shop... while it doesn't have the depth of parameter adjustments that the KSP-8 has... the overall sound of the algorithms is rather outstanding.

Price has yet to be etched in stone... and hopefully the cosmetics are also not etched in stone. My biggest complaint with the 'Rumor' so far is the 'gray nomenclature' silk screened on a silver background.
Old 13th April 2003
Founder

"My biggest complaint with the 'Rumor' so far is the 'gray nomenclature' silk screened on a silver background"

Perhaps that's supposed to be an "etched in stone" look!

Old 13th April 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I've already seen these two boxes advertised for $499 street even though they aren't available yet.

Kurzweil has been showing them at recent trade shows, and I've had a chance to get the demo and play around a little bit with them. They do sound excellent from what I could tell (at a noisy trade show), and will be a really great addition to the budget fx processor realm. As in they sound a *lot* better than what they cost.

While the programmability is less than the KSP8, the Rumour and Mangler are by no means preset boxes either. There are plenty of parameters to mess around with.
๐Ÿ“ Reply