The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eventide H3000???
Old 21st July 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Eventide H3000???

Gear folks!!!!

I would like to buy eventide h3000 I think the ad/da converters are 16bit ...

As I read in the broschure of Pitchblender(tdm plug from PT) that this plugin was made by the same people I am considering not to buy eventide.

I am useing pt for now like 4years and I know that there must be something better the Pitchblender for chorus ...

Please give me some tip should I buy eventide H3000? I think the price will be around 900$.

or safe money for eclipse???

Old 21st July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I would buy it if I had the chance, I love those units...
Old 22nd July 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years

yes I have read in the magazines that this machine rocks!

What about the price it is ok?

What are your best efects units... I am also attempting to buy tc m3000!

Do you have any good word about this machine!

take care

rollz
Old 22nd July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i have a h3000d/se and i like it a lot .
it provides some great effects ... 1000 presets , still figuring out how this unit works
couldnt afford the " bigger " ones but they sound lovely , too .
dont know the m3000 but just heard good things ... isnt this one used to be a reverb only ???
my other gear in my little effect rack : ams 1580 delay , lexicon pcm 91 , tc chorus & spx 90 .
i can just say good stuff about the eventide .

the m5000 goes real cheap nowadays , too . its a great one , too .

maybe that helps ???

peace

p.s i would defenately go for the d/se in fact of some real nice presets and possibilitys you wont get with the h3000 .
Old 22nd July 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years

yo... thanks alot for your appinion.

What about digital outputs. Can be this unit connected directly to protools aes/ebu... couse I think H3000 is 16bits???

take care
Old 22nd July 2002
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
AFAIK H3000 is analog only... DSP-4000 has pretty much every connector under the sun, but is going to set you back twice as much as the H3000
Old 23rd July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have an Eclipse .It has all the algorythms from the H3000 plus 80 others.It has the classic programs from the H3000 (with the same name,not like the DSP4000).It sounds great.It does DIG I/O & 24/96(AES,SPDIF,Optical).If you're in for a H3000,which was my case,you're better off getting the Eclipse.I have the TC M3000 that does mostly reverb and quite well.
Old 23rd July 2002
Founder

I have a second hand DSP4000

I use it on an AES send & return on my Pro Toools mixdowns

Lots of spacey reverbs
Old 23rd July 2002
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
DSP 4000 rocks. I really regret having to sell mine, but I needed to move from Nubus Alishad to Mix ++ Alishad.

*Sigh* One day I'll get another one..
Old 23rd July 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
ok what about reverbs in eventide?

Can somebody tell about reverbs in eventide are they usefull for mixing !

Couse I have the budget (2500$) and I need a good reverb and some good choruses, flange... I have Lexicon Mpx1 in my rack !

And I am selling Alessis Midiverb4 two + Qudraverb the Old one for like 350$...all three efects.

Do you have any ideas what should Ill buy is that h3000 + m3000 for reverbs or go for new eclipse and save money for other lexicon reverbs...

Where the **** is the catch? I have pt mix+ and also mackie32-8 and I have noticed that I prefer mixing on macike also thge sound as comfort .

Do you have any ideas which system is more creative. I am also doing music not just mixing it ..

take care
Old 23rd July 2002
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
A second hand DSP4000 is cheaper than a new Eclipse, and it's more powerful too. What to buy depends on what kind of music you are doing and what other FX you'll be hanging onto. At the moment it just looks like the MPX.

The Eventide has really good reverbs, though they have a distinct sonic signature which you may or may not like. It's a shame though to use such a creative box for just reverb though!

A second hand M3000 is going to be better than a cheap Lexicon, but a PCM 70, 80 90 (ok, 81 & 91 too) all have that creamy Lexicon sound. A lot of the big boys like the older PCM70, and this is reflected in its high second hand value.

If you like mixing on the Mackie then there is no real need to fuss over the Digital I/O on the DSP4000, so go for the H3000D/SE (or sumsuch), a second hand M3000, and if you can squeeze your budget until it hurts I have a fondness for the Ensoniq DP4+ (or its little brother the DP2).

It has crap convertors, can be noisy, but it is very flexible, cheap, and sounds godd.

I like it anyway..

FX are a purely personal thing, but a couple of high quality units can help add that extra something to your mix.
Old 23rd July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I never owned a DSP4000, but I met them in the studios I mix in.Unfortunately I never had the chance to be "blown" by them.In these rooms you usually have a 48O and some other reverbs,so I was not looking in that direction.I just found the unit not too easy to get into and when I have used it I was looking for something I would do on a second H3000 .My favorite mixing studio here actually got rid of the DSP 4000 to add two more H3000s .As always it's a matter of taste,but it's also a matter of how easy is the box to use and to tweak when you have little time to learn it.
Old 23rd July 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Eventide H3000???

Quote:
Originally posted by mihau
Gear folks!!!!

As I read in the broschure of Pitchblender(tdm plug from PT) that this plugin was made by the same people I am considering not to buy eventide.

From what I understand, the software engineers at Wave Mechanics apparently worked on both the H3000 and DSP4000 units before forming their own company in 1996. Given Eventide's inclination for 6 or 7 year long generations --the H3000 in 1988, the DSP4000 in 1994, and the Orville/7000 series in 2001-- , I would assume that all the WM TDM's are based around the algorithms found on the 4000. Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to play with a DSP4000 to contrasts the two; but I do have an Orville and the Ultrashifter & chorus algorithms comfortably spank Wavemechanics.

-kesserich
Old 23rd July 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
****...I completely forgot. Regarding the Eclipse, Eventide is just trickling down its proprietary technology. They're giving you old algorithms(the R&D of which was long ago paid for by H3000 sales), running on a newer, cheaper and faster processer. Consequently, if you are running a Pro-Tool's HD system and all sampling rates are the same, I would not expect much of a difference in sound quality between the two. Of course, programmability is a wonderful thing.

-kesserich
Old 23rd July 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Eventide H3000???

Quote:
Originally posted by mihau
Gear folks!!!!

From what I understand, the software engineers at Wave Mechanics apparently worked on both the H3000 and DSP4000 units before forming their own company in 1996. Given Eventide's inclination for 6 or 7 year long generations --the H3000 in 1988, the DSP4000 in 1994, and the Orville/7000 series in 2001-- , I would assume that all the WM TDM's are based around the algorithms found on the 4000. Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to play with a DSP4000 to contrasts the two; but I do have an Orville and the Ultrashifter & chorus algorithms comfortably spank Wavemechanics.

-kesserich
Old 23rd July 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
thank you all for this lovely answers

Old 24th July 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
I have an H3000D/SE and prefer it to the DSP4000. The 3000 is not nearly as programmable and has a smaller list of effects/possibilities, but I MUCH prefer its sound. To me, the 4000 is sterile and clean by comparison. The 3000 is chunky and thick, which I find preferable when it comes to chorusing, delay, modulations, etc.

And yes, the 3000 is analog i/o only.
Old 26th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have a tc system 6000 and the Wave Mechanics bundle for PTHD3. The reverbs in the 6000 are the best that I've heard. I also have a H3000SE and it has the best chorusing and flanging out of any box.
I have to admit that Ken Bogdonovich and Co. have come pretty close with the WaveMechanics stuff.
For 900 bucks you can't lose. (get the Mod Factory chip)
πŸ“ Reply