Quantcast
Twitter #Gearslutz - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Twitter #Gearslutz
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Twitter #Gearslutz

Please if you use Twitter and your tweet has anything to do with Gearslutz or general Gearslutizm, mark it with #Gearslutz

This way other Gearslutz can use that tag to find you and your tweet.
Old 10th February 2009
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
My Twitter is Twitter / ZenProAudio , but what you are saying is if one of your "what are you doing?" posts includes "#Gearslutz" then...?

I'm sorry if I'm not following, Twitter seems so helplessly simple in its implementation that the only thing I see on there is being able to answer the question "what are you doing?" and follow others, and be followed.

There's likely functionality beyond it that I haven't grasped yet then!

War
Old 18th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Twitter is the best networking tool in ages. So much better than facebook etc, the beauty here is the simplicity. No one gets it at first, but those who spend more than a week with it find it a real asset to their lives.

I'm at Twitter / TomDavenport

There's a massive spreadsheet of musicians on twitter here (GREAT for band updates and studio diaries)

Artists, Bands and Musicians on Twitter - Google Docs

Seriously, if you're not on twitter you're probably losing clients. Search for guides on businesses using twitter to help understand that.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
me neither war

i signed up for the imogen heap remix thing the other day and it just seems like another freaking thing to update

that said: Twitter / bogeyeater

koed i wouldn't have clocked that heap thing if you hadn't posted it here - how do you tag things?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Tags are done with hashtags like #gearslutz

The search function on search.twitter.com is where you check out these things - search your very specific interests and you'll find one or two people into the same thing who are worth a follow.

Don't just search 'music' - search 'api 3124' or 'shadow hills' or something really niche. Search those really rare artists you like. Search places you're going on holiday.

PLease, please give it more than a week or two before you become one of those lame 'this is just the facebook status' - it really is better than that.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just started one for the heck of it.

Twitter / RonanCMurphy

I get to follow Bjork, so maybe its worth doing just for that
Deleted 37a7726
One more Twit to the list
Twitter / rhythminmind
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I checked it out, and I got to follow MCHammer, who may be insane, and Brooke Burke, who is working on a t-shirt line and chatting with her pal Denise Richards about Dancing With The Stars...

Wtf?
Old 19th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
twitter, its pretty much like myspace but ~ZERO~ content other then comment section,

I do suspect most of these twits are sitting in a bathroom stall toilet on their cell.

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think they should call it Twatter, the social messaging utility for twats.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't get it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay- ➑️
twitter, its pretty much like myspace but ~ZERO~ content other then comment section,

I do suspect most of these twits are sitting in a bathroom stall toilet on their cell.

That's sometimes true, though I've always felt my iPhone is just an advanced bathroom entertainment system.

Congratulations to JP11 for being as original as the other unoriginal people online who seriously thought they were the first to say that. You're the kind of person who sets the alarm off on QI when the obvious answer is said.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
bloody hell not another site i have to worry about tutt
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Nothing to worry about, it's very casual, you can read an entire message from someone in a glance, and it's worth dumping myspace and facebook. (facebook is useful for personal friends, but connecting with the other outer world?)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savernake ➑️
That's sometimes true, though I've always felt my iPhone is just an advanced bathroom entertainment system.

Congratulations to JP11 for being as original as the other unoriginal people online who seriously thought they were the first to say that. You're the kind of person who sets the alarm off on QI when the obvious answer is said.
Thank you. Guess the obvious answer I'm thinking right now!
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP11 ➑️
Thank you. Guess the obvious answer I'm thinking right now!

lol

twitter me timbers...heh

🎧 10 years
I was reading in a recent issue of the Economist magazine -There was a job for a CIA computer analyst . One of the job duties was analyzing social networking sites.

OOPS big brother is watching what I type 1984 was not far off the mark
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
and the CIA runs twitter and collects infos?
i just a bit worried over all these information collection machines nowadays....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Twitter / Joram_mixrecord It's ok to follow me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The Facebook startup was funded by the CIA, or ex-members thereof, wasn't it?

Edit: found the video:

Does what happens in the Facebook stay in the Facebook?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I heard that Facebook went back to their old TOS.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
i am twittering from time to time... twitter / makktrakker
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i don't wanna be following people and have no followers, mines Twitter / colossalsound please spare my blushes. think i'm gonna keep it audio related, see if anything useful comes of that, better than trying to make friends.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protools Guy ➑️
I heard that Facebook went back to their old TOS.
Which means FBI, CIA and NSA (among others) still have access to your personal information even after it's deleted off any social networking site.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joram ➑️
Your Twitter link results in a page doesn't exist message.

The insights into the iPhone (as bog entertainment) is going to be in the back of my head next time someone hands me his iPhone to show me his latest applet.

I want to figure out why a handful of folks are so gaga over Twitter... but I've spent hours poking around and, when I go to individual's pages, pretty much all I see is the usual promo stuff that might otherwise be on their website or MySpace page and, of course, those uber-narcissistic I'm at a cool party/I'm at a boring meeting posts...

After, what, almost a year, I still don't get it.

Just for fun
... I ran through a number of tweets collected from links on this page. I was going to paste them up but it seemed like I would just be deriding or calling into question these folks' activities... and since some of them had already expressed doubt about the value of the service, that seemed uncalled for since, like me, they clearly haven't got it. Yet? Anyhow, it didn't seem fair to either them or to Twitter.

Reading up on Twitter on the current Wikipedia page for it, I realized at least one reason for its continual resource problems: it uses the Ruby on Rails development framework.
Quote:
Twitter experienced approximately 98% uptime in 2007, or about three full days of downtime.[38][39] Twitter's downtime was particularly noticeable during events popular with the technology industry, such as the 2008 Macworld Conference & Expo keynote address.[40][41] When Twitter crashes, users see the "fail whale" error message. Beluga whales are known as "canaries of the sea" due to their high-pitched twitter,[42] and the fail whale is a whimsical illustration of red birds using nets to hoist a whale from the ocean.[43] The message reads: "Too many tweets! Please wait a moment and try again."[43] The fail whale has been featured on NPR.[16]

During May 2008 Twitter's new engineering team implemented necessary architectural changes to deal with the scale of growth. Stability issues resulted in down time or temporary feature removal.

As of August 2008, Twitter withdrew free SMS services to users in most of the world.[44]

For approximately five months, instant messaging support via a Jabber "bot" was listed as being "temporarily unavailable". [45] On October 10, 2008, Twitter's status blog announced that IM service was no longer a temporary outage and needed to be revamped. IM status is said to return at some point, but requires major work to be completed. [46]

Twitter service issues and resolutions can be tracked via their status page at Twitter Status.
Twitter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
sorry...new one: Twitter / JoramMixRec
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savernake ➑️
Tags are done with hashtags like #gearslutz
Can you explain that in terms of decibles and impedance, or buffer size and D/A conversion? Because I dont know what do do with this dog-gone twitter either....

Twitter / alexspecht
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
sorry...new one: Twitter / JoramMixRec
I usually think its silly for people to do updates on what they have for dinner, but for you I will gladly make an exception for your recent post. That's awesome!!!!

"prepared diner: a piece of wild boar is now swimming in wine, accompanied by onions, lard, celeriac, bacon and some herbs."
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
... a piece of wild boar is now swimming in wine...
A very disturbing image...

heh
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
You don't know what you're missing. I don't eat pork from the store any more. I plan to fill the freezer this weekend.

Sorry, no Twatter!
πŸ“ Reply