Quantcast
Twitter #Gearslutz - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Twitter #Gearslutz
Old 25th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I thought using twitter would be an interesting way to document the record we're currently recording but I'm finding I'm only able to make posts way after the fact. Feel free to follow though, tomorrow will be a busy day.

Twitter / drycounty
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
OK another Q - How the heck do you do a search for a specific post (a twit?) once you've found someone in search? - some of these twits have soooo many posts

I feel such a twit!
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by drycounty ➑️
I thought using twitter would be an interesting way to document the record we're currently recording but.......
Er.....?

heh
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drycounty ➑️
I thought using twitter would be an interesting way to document the record we're currently recording

Twitter / drycounty

to me, this is where the concept breaks down...

Quote:
but I'm finding I'm only able to make posts way after the fact.
you mean because you are actually working and don't have the time to go on Twitter? heh

do even friends and fans need this in real time? Are they all reading it in real time, hanging on every mic choice, or are they more likely to 'catch up' on reading the posts later themselves?

Quote:
Feel free to follow though, tomorrow will be a busy day.
I am barely able to spare the time to check out someone's finished product, much less follow the progress of their recording session.

Be honest, how much of your busy day will be spent reading posts about someone else's session? Everyone else's session? Am I alone in thinking that this can't work- that if everybody is creating stuff to read, there will be no one left to read it?

I will admit that the days of top-down distribution of 'content' are over. But a completely flat world creates too much content as it simultaneously shrinks the pool of potential viewers.

It's like that movie where Jim Carrey gets God's job and he has to answer 5 billion emails a day.
Old 26th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
thats very strange, but i still recommend you try one of the desktop twitter clients.
Old 26th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yep, I'm a twit....

Twitter / backroadsonline

Looking forward to following some of you! Cheers!
Old 28th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Twitter / rockwellbeats

Yes this goes out to all my ATL gearslutza who should up to the meeting/tweetup....

ROCK
n
roll
Old 4th May 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
my twitter is danielapetri (danielapetri) on Twitter feel free to follow me on there
Old 4th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I guess I am just so old or out of it.

Twitter...somebody can say something.

Is that not...

MySpace updates
MySpace bulletins
MySpace blogs
Blogspot entries
Forums like this
Facebook status
Text message your phone list

??

I also think...

Not everybody needs an opinion on everything, let alone telling everyone about it.

I don't want to be that accessible.

When I am at work, I do not want to be interrupted by Yoko Ono telling me it's Earth Day.

When I am not at work I don't want to know that Ashton Kutcher went to Taco Bell.

When I like an actor or musician, I like them acting or making music. I couldn't care less about their opinions on society.

It all just seems very vain and "look at me".
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq ➑️

do even friends and fans need this in real time? Are they all reading it in real time, hanging on every mic choice, or are they more likely to 'catch up' on reading the posts later themselves?

It's much simpler than that. You find someone (say studio or producer that you like) and you can set it up to send a text to your cell for that specific person. That way, when they update (which is also often done via text), you see it immediately.

For example: This morning, I get a text from Jon Favreau (director, Iron Man) saying that today they're rigging up a bunch of cameras for a a huge destruction sequence for Iron Man 2. Pretty freaking cool. Also last week, he posted a link to the first promo image release for the new movie, and that made it really easy to just go and check it out right away!

You don't have to follow or get updates from people you don't want to! If you like the idea of following Rick Rueben (eg) but think you won't enjoy his posts, don't click the "allow SMS updates" button, and you won't ever have to read it unless you go lookin for it.

Mitchell Vette / Twitter <- There's the link to mine

And the #'s represent a streamlined way of searching for specific content. More posts tagged with #gearslutz for example that show up, the higher gearslutz will move in the current trends of what's going on in the world of Twitter. There's certain etiquette that's implied ie (don't # the most popular thing with irrelevant material just so your post shows up) For those that use it correctly, it can be a really easy way to connect with people who are interested in the same things as you!

Clear? lol
Lives for gear

What is cool about Twitter? I mean if you have myspace and facebook?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Twitter.com/obiwonder
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.vette ➑️

Clear? lol
Oh, it's clear. my disconnect is not at the level of understanding, but at the level of desire.

I keep having this vision of a million wannabees for every famous person who actually has followers.

Quote:
For example: This morning, I get a text from Jon Favreau (director, Iron Man) saying that today they're rigging up a bunch of cameras for a a huge destruction sequence for Iron Man 2. Pretty freaking cool.
To me at least, Jon Favreau is a lot more famous than the gearslut I was responding to who was inviting people to follow his latest session.

And yet, I still have no interest in being updated about how he sets up cameras for each scene. Not even the most exciting scene. I will consider myself lucky to make it down to the theater to catch the movie itself.

Far from being an egalitarian, power to the people tool, Twitter strikes me as being an extremely pyramidal structure. It seems ideally suited to top-down communication. Jon Favreau is not really your buddy. A zillion others got that text.

Quote:
Also last week, he posted a link to the first promo image release for the new movie, and that made it really easy to just go and check it out right away!

There is another word for this, and everyone's mailbox has has filter for it. I can't even imagine deliberately signing up to ASK some studio to send me promo after promo about their new movie.

It is clear to see that it will not be long before famous people's Publicists are writing their tweets for them - - if it is not happening already.

Quote:

You don't have to follow or get updates from people you don't want to!
That's just it, I guess I don't want any updates from anybody. So much easier to not join than try to filter a deluge of updates.

I am too busy and also not a big enough fan of any one artist to do more than check out his Art. I will listen to the record or attend the movie when it comes out.

And I certainly am not so full of myself as to think anyone is going to take the time to admire the way I set up my microphones.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Jake Antelis (Jantelis) on Twitter just dont nudge or poke me
Old 7th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well, it's fully mainstream now so you can't escape it - and with the twitter search soon to also crawl links in tweets as well as the on going conversations from real people on real world events, there will soon be a serious contender to google. Might as well try and get your name before it's as hard as getting an original hotmail or aol name.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP11 ➑️
I think they should call it Twatter, the social messaging utility for twats.
or squitter ... text version of verbal diarrhea
Lives for gear

12 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
taturanastudios (taturanastudios) on Twitter

feel free to follow....

heh
Old 21st July 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Just started

http://twitter.com/sidestepstudios

Will be updating a lot more soon. Feel free to follow or send me your link to follow.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What's the deal with Twitter..is so much hype, and do not get .
Who can be so important to pt alla what you do on a day or weak?
I see tons of succesful guys that got exited about tweeter and now they did noth update their tweeter in months!

Ehat is the deal> and what is better if you have Myspace or Facebook, where you also can put all your activities!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I just signed up today as well because someone convinced me in that there's nothing to lose with it. Just not really sure what to do with it. I do see it as being kind of useful for someone who might be a band or celebrity. They can send out updates about shows and performances and the messages are all small so they are easy on mobile devices.

For me as an engineer or a software company? Not really so sure how useful it is. Not many small updates on a regular basis. More so big ones every once in a while.

I also keep having this vision of pop up videos 2009 broadcasting 10 years from now kinda making fun of the twittering trend. splicing together 20 celebrities back to back "do you twitter?".

https://twitter.com/teaboyaudio
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 ➑️
and the CIA runs twitter and collects infos?
i just a bit worried over all these information collection machines nowadays....
Noone ever said the contents should always be relevant and serve info collectors' needshehhehhehfuuckfuuckfuuck
Lives for gear

I'm at Adlen85

I make a post with #gearslutz and then I can be found?
Old 22nd July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmiller ➑️
I just signed up today as well because someone convinced me in that there's nothing to lose with it. Just not really sure what to do with it. I do see it as being kind of useful for someone who might be a band or celebrity. They can send out updates about shows and performances and the messages are all small so they are easy on mobile devices.

For me as an engineer or a software company? Not really so sure how useful it is. Not many small updates on a regular basis. More so big ones every once in a while.

I also keep having this vision of pop up videos 2009 broadcasting 10 years from now kinda making fun of the twittering trend. splicing together 20 celebrities back to back "do you twitter?".

https://twitter.com/teaboyaudio
Yeah I really do not get it!
Good for Celebrities or for Artist with a very busy activity where people follow what they do.

For regular people or engineers ....I do mot think is worth it if you have Myspace or even Facebook...Tweeter seems like a hyped site to raise the value of the company and sell it later!
πŸ“ Reply