Quantcast
Autotune coming to the UAD - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Autotune coming to the UAD
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Autotune coming to the UAD

According to sonicstate here: Sonic State - News WNAMM09: Autotune For UAD?, Universal Audio announces Antares Audio as new plug-in partner

I cant see the point in that at all. Why would I buy a plugin for the UAD if it already exist working fine native.
Even tho the UAD-2 is powerful I'd rather not unnecesarily use the dsps.
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
They're discussing this in the UAD forums too, and no one seems too pleased. I agree, this isn't exactly what I'd like then to focus on. Stick with the emulations. Stay focused. More of this... less of my money.
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well hopefully they'll do something special to it, who knows what, otherwise that would be about the stupidest thing I've heard this year.
cam
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
^^^
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye ➑️
Well hopefully they'll do something special to it, who knows what, otherwise that would be about the stupidest thing I've heard this year.
cam
I was thinking the same thing but I cant think of anything that they could add to justify this move.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i already love melodyne. what i'd like is a tape-sim and a spring reverb.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I disagree......
If they would do a special Version of Autotune in the way like melodyne is workin, then it makes a big sense to use it on a UAD Card because of the timing with the DAW. I hate it , that melodyne is using the Rewire Bridge, also the Plugin. No Tempochanges, Beatchanges etc. and it is still a buggy thing
If they find a way to let it run as a realtime Plugin then it makes 100 % sense thumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lematrix ➑️
I disagree......
If they would do a special Version of Autotune in the way like melodyne is workin, then it makes a big sense to use it on a UAD Card because of the timing with the DAW. I hate it , that melodyne is using the Rewire Bridge, also the Plugin. No Tempochanges, Beatchanges etc. and it is still a buggy thing
If they find a way to let it run as a realtime Plugin then it makes 100 % sense thumbsup

I agree.

I think that they could take the best of AT and incorporate a melodyne style workflow and make one great plugin that is 100% realtime and has an excellent algorithm. It would be nice to be able to keep autotune on at all times without needing to render to disk. That way you can tweak all the way up to final mix.

With melodyne, I find the plugin to be goofy and I don't like rewire.

In standalone mode it is amazing but it gets annoying having to exit Pro Tools and load up my tracks and then export them and reimport into protools.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
so basically similar to Waves Tune? but with the autotune algo?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
More that anything else, it might just be a copy protection move by Autotune. And for UA it just adds to the value of their plateform.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lematrix ➑️
I disagree......
Then why don't Melodyne develop their own card? That has nothing to do with UAD and it's users. Should UAD adopt all software that has trouble running now?

Yeah this might be great for Autotune users, but not good for people who know and understand what UAD is best at.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm also a melodyne user, UAD should scrap Antares and just come up with their own thing to beat Melodyne...I think melodyne is setting the bar right now anyhow.

Digital recreations of digital projects...we knew it would happen eventually
cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks ➑️
More that anything else, it might just be a copy protection move by Autotune. And for UA it just adds to the value of their plateform.
Sad enough this makes more sense than anything, they have to be the most pirated software out there.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
In my case, I love the pitch correction in Digital Performer. Way better than Autotune IMHO. I want an API 2500 comp or SSL, C1/C2 comp plugin. That would get me really excited.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
1+ yea, something like the ssl bus comp

the melodyne plug is buggy, doesn't like you switching sample rates during the day at all, and it sucks that you can't do any editing of the track once your done tuning the vocal. I uad had all the pro's of melodyne without any of the headaches i'd change my opinion and probably grab it up.
Old 11th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Great, that's all the world needs is more assholes sounding like T-Pain.
Seems like most people don't even use Autotune for what it's meant for anymore: Making slutty chicks with bleached blond hair and big boobs sound good.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow, if UAD can bring slutty chicks with blond hair and big boobs to my house..........my marriage would fail...no UAD Autotune for me.
cam
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Antares makes other plugins besides Autotune. I would expect to see more interesting developments than just a port of that one plugin.

UA are anything but dumb. Have a little faith.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Everything apart from autotune that antares has made is a bit dfegad
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Are any of you using Auto Tune Evo? What's the story on that?
Old 5th February 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ➑️
They're discussing this in the UAD forums too, and no one seems too pleased. I agree, this isn't exactly what I'd like then to focus on. Stick with the emulations. Stay focused. More of this... less of my money.
The main focus for this plugin is for live purposes.
Old 5th February 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Weekend thread at bernies
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Agreed....this might be the way the industry is going....I would....wouldnt be surprised if more retailers only issue in uad platform for this reason

QUOTE=jamwerks;3900807]More that anything else, it might just be a copy protection move by Autotune. And for UA it just adds to the value of their plateform.[/QUOTE]
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter P Klassen ➑️
The main focus for this plugin is for live purposes.
well now in 2015 with an Apollo, it makes a lot more sense LOL...

Hilarious reading this from 2009
Old 14th March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ➑️
well now in 2015 with an Apollo, it makes a lot more sense LOL...

Hilarious reading this from 2009
so funny

Not a lot of people think big

UAD says its coming. They ran into a bug, and pulled it, but its going to be released soon
πŸ“ Reply