Quantcast
Need help setting up multiple cue mixes. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need help setting up multiple cue mixes.
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Need help setting up multiple cue mixes.

I am trying to get a multiple cue mix setup in the studio. Before I look into getting a system like the Furman HDS-6 I am attempting to see how I can make a system with what I have.

I do not want to setup the cues in the box. I do have a Mackie 1604 mixer. I was thinking I could use outputs 3-8 of the 192i/o to go to different channels on the mixer. Then I could use AUX sends 1-4 on the mixer to build separate mixes. The only issue with this is that the sends are mono. My plan is to run a TS cable (to get the mono signal from 1 side to both headphone speakers) to a separate power amp and using cheap passive volume controls for the end of the lines that run from the amps to the live room.

Is there another way to do this that I am missing?
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearldrum944 ➡️
The only issue with this is that the sends are mono. My plan is to run a TS cable (to get the mono signal from 1 side to both headphone speakers) to a separate power amp and using cheap passive volume controls for the end of the lines that run from the amps to the live room.

Is there another way to do this that I am missing?
WHat is the power amp for? Do you mean headphone amp?

Why do the mixes need to be in stereo?

If they dont, you can run AUX 1, 2, 3 with TRS to XLR through a snake to three headphone amps. If you dont have headphone amps, you should be able to get 3 headphone amps cheap.

You might also consider In ears, which would eliminate all the wires.
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That would work, but be a little bit of trouble. For $150 you can get the Mackie HMX-56 headphone mixer. 6 stereo channels, really useful box.
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
The power amp is actually a single rack unit piece that has 4 small power amps in it used for broadcast. We can get it used to push additional power to the headphones, the mixer distorts when pushed too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfreq33 ➡️
That would work, but be a little bit of trouble. For $150 you can get the Mackie HMX-56 headphone mixer. 6 stereo channels, really useful box.
The problem with that mixer is that I would need 4 of them, plus cabling.

Although...we do already have 2 of the rolls headphone amps, maybe we would just be better to get 2 more for extra power...
📝 Reply