Quantcast
Just wanted to share an email exchange I had with a scammer. - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Just wanted to share an email exchange I had with a scammer.
Old 24th July 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka ➡️
Personally, I would have asked for Spanish Doubloons. They're far more liquid amongst pirates, thieves, and scoundrels.

Ni way.....I only accept Pieces of Eight.
Old 24th July 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
No, but that's pretty good!
Old 24th July 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Yup, I got one of those when I was selling a Ramsa mixer. I wish I was more patient to mess with him. I just got pissed I didn't catch it at first and replied when he asked if it was still for sale. That's when they see your real e-mail address, after you reply. So he did the whole "wire me too much money" scam and I just told him to f*** off, in different words. He didn't let it go for a while and kept replying to me. I just lost patience. I could never be an undercover agent

I saw the web page where the guy strings a scammer along for quite a while pretending to be an old rich lady. He was brilliant. Can't remember where it is though.
Old 24th July 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Very good read. I like the FBI idea as well.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…