Quantcast
Any GOOD 1u power strip/surge protector w/individual on/off switchs? plus another? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any GOOD 1u power strip/surge protector w/individual on/off switchs? plus another?
Old 10th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Any GOOD 1u power strip/surge protector w/individual on/off switchs? plus another?

Hi all,
Ive seen several 1u rack-mount power strips w/individaul on/off switches for each outlet, though all appear to be flea market garbage. Anyone know of a reputable company that makes these?

Heres an example;
9 PLUG DJ 19" RACK POWER SURGE STRIP SWITCH PANEL+LIGHT - eBay (item 300290338911 end time Feb-09-09 19:00:10 PST)

Also, If I were to get two of these, and connect them to a furman ar-1215 would that in anyway affect the desire result of the ar-1215?

Thanks in advance
D.B.
Old 11th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Ok, so I found this Nady PC-80 power strip with 8 outlets, and 8 individual on/off switches. Nady Systems PC-80

BTW, anyone use a Tripp Lite Isobar 2-6?
ISOBAR2-6 - Isobar Surge Suppressor - Premium surge, spike and line noise protection

Would it be a bad thing to plug two PC-80's into a single Isobar?

The PC-80's will be supplying power to my small setup consisting of a 16x4 mixer, set of powered monitors, 4 compressors, 1 mic pre, 6 reverb units, 1 keyboard, 1 sampler/sequencer.

Thanks in advance.
D.B.
Old 11th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Unless you really need a surge protector, you are wasting your money.

If you are using computers, you should have them connected to a good UPS in case of power failure.

Low voltage causes more damage than surges and the surge protectors you mention won't save your equipment from low voltage damage.

So, unless you really need individual on off switches, you are wasting your money.
Old 11th February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the reply,

I dont think I have a low voltage problem here, but Im looking into getting a Furman AR-1215. Would this help in that area? Also would I be ok to connect the pc-80's to it?

Ive had at least one surge that took out two surge protectors, and my cable tv box. From my experience I think a surge protector is needed.

All insight is greatly appreciated!
Old 12th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've been looking at these too. I need something that lets me turn certain pieces of gear on and off. Does anyone know if that Nady: Nady Systems PC-80 (which sells for like 20 bucks on ebay) is going to be pretty much the same quality as the cheap Furman rack rider stuff like this: Furman RR-15X Power Conditioner - Free Shipping, Lowest Prices on Power Conditioners at WWBW
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…