Quantcast
Recording/Mixing in the box - gear suggestions? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recording/Mixing in the box - gear suggestions?
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Recording/Mixing in the box - gear suggestions?

Ok so i'm selling my Korg Triton Extreme because I realized it was only being used as an expensive midi controller . And with that money along with some extra cash I'd like to upgrade my recording setup. Right now I use a Groove Tubes GT-55 mic into a Presonus Firebox into my Macbook Pro. The quality is ok I guess but I'm not really happy with it as of late. I only wanna record my own stuff and make the quality sound better - vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar. Won't really be needing anything more than 1 or 2 channels and was interested in the 500 series preamps but was wondering about those going into the firebox and the conversion ? Also i'm sure that a better mic would serve me well. Does anyone have any suggestions for someone looking to buy some quality gear that will serve my purposes? Is there some magic piece of gear that has just sprung up recently ? Thanks for taking the time to read and reply!
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
not trying to be "one of those guys," but i would suggest searching the forum for: 1. High quality 2 channel AD or AD/DA. 2. Quality 2 channel preamp. 3. A mic to fit your needs.

all the answers are here, and in the long run you'll learn more by reading more, rather than waiting on a few posters to suggest a few pieces of gear.
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Ok thanks but what about nice pre's going into the Firebox converters? Anyone know anything about that?
๐Ÿ“ Reply