Quantcast
Which LE/M-Powered Interface? Only need the 8 ADAT. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which LE/M-Powered Interface? Only need the 8 ADAT.
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Which LE/M-Powered Interface? Only need the 8 ADAT.

I have been running Logic and have an Ensemble that I'd like to run with ProTools. People mostly recommend the ProFire 2626 because it is more stable than the less-expensive ProFire LightBridge, but I'd rather not pay for converters and preamps that I am never going to use.

I just need 8 ADAT Inputs in an interface for my MacBook Pro so I can run ProTools LE/MP with the conversion and preamps of the Ensemble.
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEcho ➡️
I have been running Logic and have an Ensemble that I'd like to run with ProTools. People mostly recommend the ProFire 2626 because it is more stable than the less-expensive ProFire LightBridge, but I'd rather not pay for converters and preamps that I am never going to use.

I just need 8 ADAT Inputs in an interface for my MacBook Pro so I can run ProTools LE/MP with the conversion and preamps of the Ensemble.
You can pick up a used M-Audio Firewire 1814 for around $250 or less on Ebay. I've used one for the past year 100% stable (but on PC so I can't speak for Mac). That would give you your ADAT I/O.
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
M-Audio Profire Lightbridge new is like $400, has only ADAT inputs

M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge | Sweetwater.com
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I have a PFLB that I use with an Ensemble. Running M-Powered 7.4.2 on a quad-core Mac. It's totally stable in 44.1/48k. In 88.2/96k it's gets a little glitchy in that sometimes you have to toggle back and forth between clock settings to get it to clock correctly. Ghetto, I know. Once it's set however, it's fine.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
second hand 002R's are going for $500 and they typically include the PT Software so you're dodging the added PT MP Software price, so in the end it may be the cheaper, more stable solution.
📝 Reply