Quantcast
Who's working on the new BLINK 182 album? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who's working on the new BLINK 182 album?
Old 9th February 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Who's working on the new BLINK 182 album?

All their albums sound sick, some of my favorite pop productions for sure. Does anybody know who is going to be working on their new record? What studio?
Old 9th February 2009
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Alan Smithee?
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 ➑️
Alan Smithee?
heh
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
wiki

Alan Smithee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Just kiddin' around.

No such thing as bad music. If someone can get some enjoyment out of it, I say that's great.

I like some music that would turn most folks inside out.
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Thanks thats exactly what I asked for. Less than serious answers about who is working on a record.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Blizzle

It may be self-produced and then mixed by TLA. They have both learned well at the elbow of the great JF...they could def do it themselves.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by britdick ➑️
It may be self-produced and then mixed by TLA. They have both learned well at the elbow of the great JF...they could def do it themselves.
Agreed. Tom Delonge produced both AvA records. I think with Tom's experience as producer/main songwriter in AvA approach along with Mark and Travis' +44 stuff, and the fact that both of their side projects were more mature than a lot of the Blink stuff, this could be a great Blink record.
Old 12th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the input. I most interested in the Engineer/Studio if anyone on the west coast knows anything. I agree this could be their best album to date.
Old 12th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You might wanna check with Ryan Hewitt.

He is also a contributor here under the moniker, allaccess.
Old 13th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Could be Chris Holmes and done at Mark and Travis' studio. It's a nice place. I'm willing to bet that at least some of it would be done there. Chris did the tracking for a band I worked with last year. Great sounds that came out of that place.
Old 17th October 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
so any new updates? Anyone know who's engineering this album?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Chris Holmes (http://twitter.com/HolmesWasHere) will be engineering the album and I think the Blink guys will produce most of it themselves. Would be good for Ryan Hewitt to come back for some part I think. Mark Hoppus' and Tom's studios will be used. I believe Mark's studio is called Opera Music and was featured in the back of the last EQ mag (Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter), Tom's studio is part of Atticus/Macbeth HQ I think.

Mixes may go off to Neil Avron, Tom/Chris Lord-Alge, Chris Holmes.

Mastering by Ted Jensen, Bernie Grundman, Brian Gardner.

Just my 2 pence. Major Blink fan!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Im pretty sure Mark produces in his spare time, seems logical that all three of them would contribute though!
Old 19th August 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Well two songs are out, I think they're both quite awful material wise and sonically imo but that's exactly what I expected. It sounds to me like it was rushed/crunched for time.
Old 15th September 2011 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth ➑️
Well two songs are out, I think they're both quite awful material wise and sonically imo but that's exactly what I expected. It sounds to me like it was rushed/crunched for time.
Album is surprisingly good. Wasn't going to buy it after disliking their last two albums but will def grab it now.

Loved blink 182 as a teenager in their dude ranch-enema of the state days...still have a soft spot. Sounds fine to me, although I'm no connoisseur of pop/punk...pretty sure I'd still like it if the mix was crap. Not as fatiguing as I was expecting. Not exactly a steely dan record afterall
Old 1st October 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I'm not digging it much, there's moments but it's nothing on par with the last few Green Day outtings.
Old 10th October 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
haha damn dude!

REALLY like the drum sounds on the TLA mixes, best Travis-drum sound to date IMO.

Mixed By – Andy Wallace (tracks: 2), Chris Holmes (3) (tracks: 6, 7, 9, 12, 13), Neal Avron (tracks: 14), Tom Lord-Alge (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakiekid ➑️
Chris Holmes (Christopher Holmes (@HolmesWasHere) on Twitter) will be engineering the album and I think the Blink guys will produce most of it themselves. Would be good for Ryan Hewitt to come back for some part I think. Mark Hoppus' and Tom's studios will be used. I believe Mark's studio is called Opera Music and was featured in the back of the last EQ mag (Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter), Tom's studio is part of Atticus/Macbeth HQ I think.

Mixes may go off to Neil Avron, Tom/Chris Lord-Alge, Chris Holmes.

Mastering by Ted Jensen, Bernie Grundman, Brian Gardner.

Just my 2 pence. Major Blink fan!
Old 9th November 2014
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Anyone know any vocal chains on the album?

Blue Bottle?
πŸ“ Reply