Quantcast
Best Guitar Sample CD or Software - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Guitar Sample CD or Software
Old 9th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Best Guitar Sample CD or Software

Could anyone recommend (besides a guitar player ofcourse) the best guitar sample CD thats available out there or a really good guitar emulation software? Ive heard 'Ministry of Rock' is pretty good by Quantum Leap but would like to know. I do mostly pop, such as Pink, Gwen Stefani, Avril etc. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 9th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
well the Grammys are on and I would like to still know if anyone has any ideas.... !!
Old 13th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Obviously no one uses guitar samples? lol
Old 13th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
If my thoughts really would be appreciated, I find most guitar emulations to be pretty bad at emulating guitar. They're OK to use as sounds on their own, but there are just guitar players hanging around on every street corner, dying for something constructive to do, so I find software guitar really useless.
Old 21st February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah they are hanging around everycorner and most of them nice too. But for my song demo work, if I pay them 80 or so a song for about 4 tracks, it adds up. If I get a good plugin, I can just play it all in myself and it would be good enough for a demo to drum up interest. The plugin obviously would be a once off purchase. Get what Im sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brill bedroom ➑️
If my thoughts really would be appreciated, I find most guitar emulations to be pretty bad at emulating guitar. They're OK to use as sounds on their own, but there are just guitar players hanging around on every street corner, dying for something constructive to do, so I find software guitar really useless.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
As a guitar player, I can't imagine using samples, so I can't really help you with that, but if they are just demos I gotta think there are websites were you could have someone record you a track or two if you ask nicely.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hi

I totally understand as I am a keyboard player myself. However the issue is I come up with a song pretty much every second day, with all the sequencing done minus some basic guitar riffs, licks. So I dont want to use people either to further myself as the songs will be pitched to labels etc.
So just trying to work out how it can be done. If you have a moment, could you check out:
Quantum Leap Ministry Of Rock :: East West/Quantum Leap :: Developers :: Sounds Online
and tell me what you think of the sounds. They are obviously played on a keyboard.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcore ➑️
As a guitar player, I can't imagine using samples, so I can't really help you with that, but if they are just demos I gotta think there are websites were you could have someone record you a track or two if you ask nicely.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Well a song every other day, I don't think I could fire off that many licks for ya.

I totally get what you're saying though, much preferred to have the tracks be "all" you.

I listened to all the samples, and unless that is the exact sound you're looking for, the digitized, industrial metal sound, then I think they all sound pretty awful actually. They didn't sound the slightest bit real to me.

I'm pretty sure I would have guessed they were played on a keyboard too.

I think some things really can't be replicated. Though I'm no expert maybe something does exist, but that ain't it, and 350 bucks isn't exactly cheap.

I don't know how complex the music you're working on is, but for the same money I'd go and buy a guitar and monkey around on it.

Its not easy to learn how to play guitar, but you can learn solid power chords in a couple days and that might be just what you need for your tracks.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I think you are right in that I learn and play. Thats the fairest way.
I do have a Line 6 Pod at home. I do have a strat (japanese) that needs new pickups so I may get that going. In the meantime, for stuff like
The sound that I am wanting to work towards having is more along the lines of:
YouTube - P!nk - Who Knew
verse and chorus
YouTube - P!nk - Just Like A Pill
again, verse and chorus..
If you get a chance, please check it out.
Thanks for your thoughts. I really appreciate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcore ➑️
Well a song every other day, I don't think I could fire off that many licks for ya.

I totally get what you're saying though, much preferred to have the tracks be "all" you.

I listened to all the samples, and unless that is the exact sound you're looking for, the digitized, industrial metal sound, then I think they all sound pretty awful actually. They didn't sound the slightest bit real to me.

I'm pretty sure I would have guessed they were played on a keyboard too.

I think some things really can't be replicated. Though I'm no expert maybe something does exist, but that ain't it, and 350 bucks isn't exactly cheap.

I don't know how complex the music you're working on is, but for the same money I'd go and buy a guitar and monkey around on it.

Its not easy to learn how to play guitar, but you can learn solid power chords in a couple days and that might be just what you need for your tracks.
πŸ“ Reply