Quantcast
Is there an easy way to transfer a PT's session to Cubase? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is there an easy way to transfer a PT's session to Cubase?
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Is there an easy way to transfer a PT's session to Cubase?

I'm wanting to mix in cubase. Didn't know if anybody out there was doing this successfully. Is there a way to export it out of Cubase, then back to PT's?
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Select all your regions. Consolidate them from Bar1 and Export. Import them into Cubase and bingo. Nothing easier.
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
yeah just export all tracks (consolidate each track from zero) as wavs and import to cubase
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I don't know how PT handles broadcast waves (or if it supports them) but I hear if you export your wavs as Broadcast waves they will have time stamps on them. You'll have to manually shift them into place but at least you'll have the exact location =].
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
So - export each track individually? I have 30 tracks and with real-time export, that would take me and hour and a half to export one 4 minute song. Is there no way to export multiple tracks in one fell swoop?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
just use OMF ... works great !!!

🎧 10 years
all you have to do is make sure all the tracks are consolidated so they all run from zero in the original session. Then open the other programme and file > import > select (all). voila. Easy. Takes seconds
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
As some other people mentioned....

You need to consolidate the tracks first (highlight ALL tracks from end of song to VERY beginning) Go to edit window hit "consolidate"

This creates one long wave file for each track starting at the same exact place "0"

Go to Audio folder, Hit Date created/modified. All 30 tracks will come to the top and be same size .

You can now import those tracks into cubase

TW
Deleted User
John K, one thing I would add is to make SURE your Project is 24 bit in Cubase because Protools can ONLY read 24 bit, it wont do the 32 bit float that Cubase does if you wanting to go back to Protools after messing in Cubase
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Ah - DUH...got it now...

BTW - what is the OMF process? I guess that's a way to transfer over all the session data too? I don't have digi translator in PT 8 LE, so I guess I would have to purchase it?

I really wish I could just do everything in PT's 8, but - sigh - no ADC.

🎧 10 years
get yourself ata mellowmuse. bingo
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I got it and I think it's a total nightmare. So, I'm supposed to bring all faders up, turn off my UAD 1&2, make sure all the faders are up, ping, turn the 1&2 back on, move my faders back and cross my fingers that it actually works after inserting EVERY plug? Clunky, to say the least.
I just mixed something entirely with UAD after transferring the files...It was freaking liberating. And it sounds fantastic. (As fantastic as it can sound with me mixing something)

🎧 10 years
Ah. That sounds painful. I'm an HD user so hadn't tried it but had been told it works well. Glad you got the tracks exported/imported. You can buy me a beer when I pass through nashville this summer! ;-)
πŸ“ Reply