solución mágica - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
solución mágica
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Guru

10 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
solución mágica

just picked up some mixing work of some alternative dance music - something like depeche mode meets kate bush with a stiff four on the floor

I've been running the stereo mix OTB through a Thermonic Culture, Culture Vulture and then monitoring from the stereo returns ITB.

My God I just found my solución mágica! It really does bring new life to sterile ITB tracks. There's just so much more beef.

I also reamped a guitar track through my pedals/efx amp - and that adds some depth too.

I've been A/B-ing the ITB vs OTB mixes in the car this morning and it's like night and day.

The other thing about the culture vulture is that it adds an analog like compression to the signal, without being a compressor - it's hard to describe but it just sounds amazing.
Old 6th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It is indeed awesome. On subtle settings it's not dissimilar to going to 1/2 inch.

The problems, if they really are problems, are that 1. Sometimes transients are rounded more that you might want on certain types of material, and 2. Vic is not big on making things match perfectly left to right. Even the mastering version that I have is 'off' and recall needs to be done with tone. Same story for a lot of high end outboard.

Its one of my favourite boxes.

J
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

10 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I'm glad you say that.

I thought it may have just be me (or my box) - the L/R difference is considerable vs pretty much every other piece of gear I have - I'm also using the non-mastering, unbalanced version - but it's pretty sweet for "that" sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ruston ➡️
It is indeed awesome. On subtle settings it's not dissimilar to going to 1/2 inch.

The problems, if they really are problems, are that 1. Sometimes transients are rounded more that you might want on certain types of material, and 2. Vic is not big on making things match perfectly left to right. Even the mastering version that I have is 'off' and recall needs to be done with tone. Same story for a lot of high end outboard.

Its one of my favourite boxes.

J
📝 Reply