Quantcast
Question on pay for theater audio work - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Question on pay for theater audio work
Old 6th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Question on pay for theater audio work

Hi everyone Im new to the boards and was trying to find a good place to post this question. I am a recent grad from a sound arts studio and have begun doing some audio work. My next gig is working the audio boards for a theater play my contract that I need to sign says that I will be payed 150 dollars for my work but my big issue is the amount of time I have to put into the session which comes out to around 48 hours of work. This seems very low, and I was wondering if anyone had any info on theater work and how pay goes along with it.
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
it depends on whether you are the sound designer or the sound operator. Also consider the size for the theatre.

As an op its not uncommon in UK to be paid £120 a day. The day is as long as it needs to be, so if you have a short run with long days its not great money, if the run is longer and everyone settles into their roles the call is often only for the show and you end up working 3 hours for the same money as you were for 12 hour days at the start. The joy of a daily rate versus an hourly rate.!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…