Quantcast
Starting new EP: Help me get that Brit rock sound! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Starting new EP: Help me get that Brit rock sound!
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Starting new EP: Help me get that Brit rock sound!

Ok, so here's the deal... My partner and I are producing an EP for a really cool band. Preproduction has been awesome and the tunes are ready. Now I just want to head the right direction with sounds. They're all into Oasis, which is cool, but those records are smashed and more mono-ish and I don't know how to do that. Maybe I need to learn? I'm more into (and therefore better at) US radio rock/pop type stuff, if that makes any sense.

So, fellow slutz, any words of wisdom for an American pop guy on how to approach the Brit Rock sound? We're tracking in a great room with all of the trimmings. Have 5 channels of V76's which I plan to use a lot. Neve clones, api, distressors, etc. And lots of vintage mics, etc. So given lots of choices for tools, how would you approach the drums--mic selection, placement, preamps, squash to tape, etc? Just basically looking for some new ideas to have fun with. I can try to post some pics later, too...

Justin
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…