effects loop signal coupling? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
effects loop signal coupling?
Old 5th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
effects loop signal coupling?

All,
I was wondering if anyone here knows about signal degradation, particularly in the effects loop. The issue is that I have a pedal board with the pedals packed in pretty tight. One cable has to stay connected to a pedal all the time due to space and it's too difficult to take out with the velcro etc. So, I unplug everything and pack the pedal board away with that cable (goes to effects loop). Before going to the loop, the signal goes to a reverb unit and maximizer that are rack mounted. The problem is that I have to plug this cord in all the time at the back of the rack when I hook up my pedal board. I'm wondering if I could get a coupler and an extension that goes to the reverb unit so that I could at least plug it in easier than going directly in and breaking my back every time I plug it in? I have a 13 month old who gets into everything so I have to store the board after each time I play. Do they make shielded couplers of some sort of extension like this that won't degrade my signal? I've spent some money on quality cables and don't want to add something to it that negates the quality of the cables. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 5th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If you're worried about degrading your signal i'd ditch that sonic maximizer.

but yes they do make couplers and you could go that route.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…