sennheiser MD-407 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
sennheiser MD-407
Old 5th February 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
sennheiser MD-407

HI,
just a quick stab by anyone who has a clue please.
i have an old (60's?) MD407 sennheiser microphone that will only record the hi's & mids (but no bottom end, hardly any mids either)
Any guesses as to why that may be, & anyone ever pulled one apart cos i am a bit apprehensive about it..
cheers
Old 2nd March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Sennheiser MD 407 Dynamic Mic

Got to this posting by Googling 'Fisher ST-10 Dynamic Mic,' which is the same as the Sennheiser MD 407. The thread's a bit dated, but here's my experience.

I found one of the Fisher-branded mics still in its box at a yard sale; cost me a whopping $1. I generally take old dynamics like this, rip them apart, and use the element (if it's any good) to bring old vintage mic housings back to life. This one went into a Shure 701D case from the 1940s, a crystal mic that had bit the weenie.

I am amazed at how good this element sounds. Perhaps the 'thin' sound that oldbrowndog cited was an impedance mismatch. The mic came with a transformer for hi-Z operation, but the element itself feeds the 150-ohm mic input on my console nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
sennheiser MD-407-dscn3935.jpg   sennheiser MD-407-dscn3932.jpg   sennheiser MD-407-dscn3936.jpg  

Last edited by Electrojim; 2nd March 2014 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: Add Photos
📝 Reply