Quantcast
NI Battery - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NI Battery
Old 5th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
NI Battery

Downloads.com has both v1 and v2 of NI Battery available for download. It says its a demo but not limited. At the same time it also lists the price @ $199

1)Why would NI allow outdated Demo's?
2)Why would they ten list it with a purchase price since its outdated?
3) Didn't NI offer one of these older versions as a free download a while back? A little late to start asking for money now I would think
Old 5th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Battery is on v.3. $199 is the new price for v.3.
V.1 and 2 are not available to buy commercially. If they are offering them as free downloads then it means two things:

Firstly, you won't be getting the kit library, there is probably one of the preview (stripped down) kits included, and that's it, I also imagine that those demos are restricted in the sense that you can not load more kits into them, a la the Sampletank free demo.

Secondly, having that download does not entitle you to any upgrade discounts so what you're getting is a demo of the interface and what it's capable of, with a basic soundset to use to explore that functionality, which is all well and good for NI as a promotional tool.

I haven't actually checked out the link though so will do that now..

Edit: Yes it's a 26MB download so you're just getting the interface, I don't know exactly what sounds they give you (if any) with it, or whether there are import restrictions. I'm not gonna download it to see either as I all ready own it! (and it's great, by the way).
You will be able to load your own hits in though as wavs and build up multisamples yourself, it's cool as a normal sampler in its own right, although nowhere near as complex as something like Kontakt etc, V3 is much closer to an all round sampler.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…