Quantcast
Ok, i cant take it anymore, who's with me? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ok, i cant take it anymore, who's with me?
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max The Dog ➡️
Keep asking for more dough until they stop calling. Only work with the fun clients.
Ill do the more money advice... i think it is time!
Old 6th February 2009
Deleted 2848499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualflip ➡️
i feel that if i continue like this, ill be dead in no time hehehe, i love my job but come on!!!!!
ha! talk to me in five years brother...

just consider the flipside, not working day and night...and realize it's the only way we learn how to respect the game. If you want to, raise your rates, but there comes a time for all of us that make a career in audio, when you kiss your so-called life goodbye. heh
Gear Guru

Unless there's some frantic deadline which is 99.99999% of the time is imaginary, there really isn't a good reason to work more than 10 hours, you get dumb, lose perspective,
rarely does much good happen after the 10th hour, so try to put a cap on it , and maybe your rate isn't high enough. But RCM is right you gotta be grateful your busy, there are many talented people out there not working at all. I remember in 2001 I had 6 days off in the 1st 3 months of the year and I was pretty cocky about how busy I was since 2000
was also a busy year. Then in April I had nothing for 2 1/2 weeks, nada zip. That brought reality back and about a week later I got real busy again. Had I known I would have gone on a vacation, instead I thought my phone was broke. Moral of the story is enjoy it and LEARN
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab ➡️
Had I known I would have gone on a vacation, instead I thought my phone was broke.
Classic! I've felt this way before and it's a very uncomfortable feeling, indeed.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab ➡️
Unless there's some frantic deadline which is 99.99999% of the time is imaginary...
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years

been there

done that

for years

good luck

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
find other good engineers that dont have as much work as you and maybe sub the work out to them for a small cut. or just tell the client your too busy and send em there.
there are heaps of great young guys on gearslutz that will be happy to take some of your work off your hands.

or maybe get an assistant that you can pay less and train him. that way you make money, the assistant gets experiance and you keep the client happy.

I personally would love someone to give me a go as an assistant, theres not that many oppotunities for a young guy here in aus.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…