Quantcast
Waiting for gear to arrive - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waiting for gear to arrive
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Waiting for gear to arrive

does any one else hate it when you have some awsome gear on order, its all you can think about, its not really that long till it gets to you but that time goes sooooo slowly. hahaha.

Im assuming im not the only one.
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
i just ordered my first 8input pre...

Motu896hd

and my 3rd thru 8th microphones!

Sputnik, 2 Pulsar II's, 2 sm57s, 1 audix D6 to add to my small collection of an Audio technica AT3035 and sm 57

-evan

im a newbie slut
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
It's like a kid waiting for Christmas. heh
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
yep
Old 5th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
It's like a kid waiting for Christmas. heh
you know it
Im getting a beesneez james, my frist real condencer..

my chain will be James>Jlm 99v Baby animal (think neve) jlm Mac compressor(think la2a)> black lion sparrow converter.

No excuses any more. just have to get the rhymes tight..tho im thinking of trading my sm7 for an re20..

Quote:
i just ordered my first 8input pre...

Motu896hd

and my 3rd thru 8th microphones!

Sputnik, 2 Pulsar II's, 2 sm57s, 1 audix D6 to add to my small collection of an Audio technica AT3035 and sm 57

-evan

im a newbie slut
THats an alright purchase. I have a 3035...im not that fond of it. the sputnik should be good though.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
You're not alone
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I normally spend the whole day looking out for a delivery van. When you are lucky enough for the gear to be delivered early in the day its great, but when it's like 5pm I start pacing up and down thinking it's never gonna come.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioKing ➑️
I normally spend the whole day looking out for a delivery van. When you are lucky enough for the gear to be delivered early in the day its great, but when it's like 5pm I start pacing up and down thinking it's never gonna come.
This. Everytime I hear a truck, I come running to the window.

But these days if I want something, I will look to buy it brick and mortar even if it costs me more. Other times, for less expensive stuff that I really want now, I'll pay more for the delivery than the actual product.
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I ordered a Beesneez Jade almost 3 weeks ago and its like the clock isn't even ticking! Man, I can't wait for that thing to get here...
Deleted User
What i really hate is i sold something and im waiting for the guy to leave positive feed back so i can get the money from pay pal. Because with that money im getting a new interface.
t_d
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
totally.. which is why i usually pay for overnight delivery.. too impatient... and i figure the extra $$$ i pay for faster shipping is worth it if i break down gear per day usage cost..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
the worse wait I've found is building gear.
You buy some parts and wait...then buy some more parts and wait...

but it it a bit more satisfying when everything is finished and working.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Tell me about it. It took over six months for my Purple Sweet Ten to arrive. I've nearly got it filled with all the modules I bought in the interim. I couldn't be happier though.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd ➑️
I ordered a Beesneez Jade almost 3 weeks ago and its like the clock isn't even ticking! Man, I can't wait for that thing to get here...
Ha Ha Lynrd- I got Ben Sneesby to rebuild my TM1 and to build a Jade- and the weeks went buy and I thought-ah man the guys from Ninbin-what was I thinking-headbut the wall.

But the gear arrived finallyheh

Now I have ordered a James as well-and I have just resigned myself that it will be a long wait- but when I get it it will all be soooo worthwhile

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmattic ➑️
..tho im thinking of trading my sm7 for an re20...
Sure as you do that, you'll find down the track that you regret it. tutt They both do different things (slightly different...) well. It's not an either/or situation.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
A watched pot never boils....

.... that's also true for gear delivery. It ALWAYS takes longer than you think but I guess that's part of the excitement. I have a mental/emotional disorder that invariably makes me think that the gear is not working right when I first use it. In most cases this will pass once I calm down and maybe read the manual or realize that the power cable isn't missing but actually in the box that I already put away.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
also guilty

my biggest problem.
constantly checking the tracking ID to find out where it is.

Old 25th February 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i placed an order with a dealer, i actually sent the money because they were told from the manufacturer that it would ship in a week. a week later, manufacturer simply forgets to include the specific unit in the shipment, and dealer gets back to me saying it'll take another week. great, they're all fine because stuff has been bought. i'm the only one left screwed. this was part of a 2 unit purchase, where you kinda need both things to make it work. i only have 1 so far. so for those who are at least able to wait on a van, i salute you.
Old 25th February 2010 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I've been known to pay extra to speed up shipping on items that I don't urgently need but am excited to get. Hopefully those days are behind me.

I try to time purchases so gear arrives on Friday. If it arrives on Thursday it's too tempting and I open it up that evening, then have to work all day Friday going nuts that I can't be home playing with it. If it arrives Friday I've got the weekend to get up close and personal.

Of course things don't always go as planned. The worst is when your shipment is delayed and you have to spend the entire weekend knowing your gear is in a shipping warehouse 200 miles away and you won't see it until Monday. That drives me nuts.
Old 26th February 2010 | Show parent
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
yeah, I hope my 2247 SE gets here tomorrow...otherwise it's a looong weekend, heh ;-) kinda fun, the anticipation, though. and it's definitely exciting opening the box/plugging the (whichever) thing in for first test

eeeeee!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
It's even worse when you can track your parcel on it's way to you.
The closer it gets, the slower it moves (a bit like a band on their way to a gig in a strange town).
Right now there's an SM7 with my name on it sitting in Paris, and I swear that last leg of the trip is gonna take longer than the trip there from Michigan.
I'm checking the FedEx tracking page like every 10-15 minutes.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Oh ya, I know how that is... "I wonder where the Fed-Ed truck is RIGHT NOW" or saying "no-can-do" to friends that try to plan something fun on the delivery day. "I've already got plans dude!"

Wait til you order something from Shadow Hills...heh
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
hahaha, "sorry, I have plans!" I do that too

right now my peluso is out of Canada, and the "International shipment has arrived in the destination country"

???? I wonder how the tracking is going to develop from here

so it's been 4 or 5 humorous days of location-vague customs exchange on the tracking. It was fun telling my friends earlier in the week, "my microphone is sitting in Montreal, right now" or "just left Quebec" etc.

that's my new hobby with gear purchases..what city is it shipping from (or to)? fun to imagine. that guitar I sold is living happily in an apartment on the edge of Central Park in NYC, fun to dream about
πŸ“ Reply