Quantcast
Will this work?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Will this work??
Old 3rd February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Will this work??

I have an old Peavey amp (circa mid 70's) that needs to have a 4-button footswitch connected to control the amp stages, reverb on/off and tremelo. I know the one that the store gave me is not intended to be used with this particular amp (the button labeling is all wrong), but it works. I need to replace it because I messed up the jack when trying to sauder one of the wires. Does anyone know if this will work?

I'm assuming it will since the one I was using worked fine, but if anyone has any experience with these and would caution me against buying it, please let me know. thanks
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
It seems that the end that plugs into the amp itself makes or breaks it (trying to find a footswitch that worked for a Triple XXX was a one shot deal)... the best thing to do would be to email or call Peavey and ask them what would work.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Switches are switches ... there is no deep majick involved here, as long as the connections and type of cable are appropriate, it shouldn't matter too much.

Why not repair the one you already have? Labels can be changed ...

If all you need is to solder on a new jack, why not try that (or pay someone else to).
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiburger โžก๏ธ
Switches are switches ... there is no deep majick involved here, as long as the connections and type of cable are appropriate, it shouldn't matter too much.

Why not repair the one you already have? Labels can be changed ...

If all you need is to solder on a new jack, why not try that (or pay someone else to).
...and as I said, Peavey can best guide you as to which switch will have the appropriate cable and pin connection.
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
yeah i guess i just assumed paying for someone to fix it might end up being more expensive, but maybe not. thanks
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…