Toft ATB and Pro Tools HD - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Toft ATB and Pro Tools HD
Old 19th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappy ➡️
Thanks. I think I will try cranking the Apogee calibration higher and see how it sounds. Will report back.

I agree with what someone said about drums sounding good when the board is a little in the red, but I would like to be able to drive my outboard preamps harder (to take advantage of their saturation) on quieter sources without overloading the circuitry of the Toft. Maybe I need to turn down the Line trim below unity in this situation. I have tried this with mixed results. I would just like a little more headroom on the Toft Channels. I'll try changing the calibration on the converter, though, and maybe I'll hear want I want to hear at lower analogue levels.

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

Peace,

Rappy
Just following up. I recalibrated my AD-16x so that a 1kHz test tone hitting 0 VU on the Toft reached the converter, via direct outs, at about -11 dbfs. I did this on all 16 channels. I was able to record a band last weekend without hitting the red signal peak lights at all on the Toft, but I still got a good level to Pro Tools. The calibration definitely helped. I guess the board is okay. Now if I can only figure out why subgroup 6 isn't working...

Cheers,

Rappy
Old 1st March 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi, looking for your opinion since you just bought this...
The differnce between a v2.0 and a v2.1 in my country is about 1250 us dollars..

Do you think the upgrade is worth the price difference?
I mean, if sonically not a lot has changed....I might be better of with that money in my pocket

Thanks!

edit: Elobarating more: The 24 channel v2.0 goes for about the same price as the 16 channel 2.1//

Last edited by remithelizard; 1st March 2009 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: elaborating a bit!
Old 2nd March 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by remithelizard ➡️
Hi, looking for your opinion since you just bought this...
The differnce between a v2.0 and a v2.1 in my country is about 1250 us dollars..

Do you think the upgrade is worth the price difference?
I mean, if sonically not a lot has changed....I might be better of with that money in my pocket

Thanks!

edit: Elobarating more: The 24 channel v2.0 goes for about the same price as the 16 channel 2.1//
There is no difference sonically. Balanced direct outs is the main one. Seperate track Solo indicators..Strengthened chassis(for shipping).
Old 4th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
yep
Old 13th April 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
So Im about to hook up the ATB in our B room. I have one of the older models with the unbalanced outs. Should I be using balanced cables straight out of the Dir. Outs? Won't I lose 6dB that way?
📝 Reply