Quantcast
Finally! A cure for Digititis. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Finally! A cure for Digititis.
Old 3rd February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Finally! A cure for Digititis.

Digital Audio Renovation (DAR) is a software-based audio processor which dramatically improves digital sound quality.

It overcomes the serious flaws associated with 'digitisis' such as over-bright high frequencies, harsh and blurry cymbals and drums, boomy bass and a muddled mid-range.

DAR-processed music combines all the warmth and musicality of vinyl with all the reliability and convenience of digital.

The DAR plugin integrates easily with many free computer audio players such as Winamp, Foobar2000 and XMPlay, no extra equipment or expense needed.

Home

Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
"vinyl" quality from your CDs???..... woooow hahaha that is some Funny shhhh

EDIT: I just listened to the samples.....can somone MUDDY my records for me please???...
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbary Ape ➑️

It overcomes the serious flaws associated with 'digitisis' such as over-bright high frequencies, harsh and blurry cymbals and drums, boomy bass and a muddled mid-range.

If you have any skills at all as an engineer you don't have these problems. There is no such thing as digititus.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
It's a joke, people.

It must be...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Oh man. Sounds like just a low pass filter.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
hehe this sounds like that other post awhile back where a service was that they master your stuf on black cd's because there like vinyl sounding
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Lol, anyone who gets suckered into this deserves to listen to their music through this god-awful plugin.
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

1 Review written
🎧 10 years

The music they have for examples is giving my head "digitisis".....

I love how they give examples........in 320 Bit MP3
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Finally, a digital plug-in that claims to conquer what the plugin's manufacturers are calling the impossible-to-overcome problems with digital plug-ins!

Wait...
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Someone should have stuck Pink's latest album through it...heh
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect ➑️
If you have any skills at all as an engineer you don't have these problems. There is no such thing as digititus.
Boo yah.

I mix ITB, OTB, to tape, to digital, all manners of in-between, on a desk, without a desk, etc etc. And my stuff always sounds like my stuff. It's a bit quicker and easier on a desk, with all outboard, to tape, but frankly, I think digititis is mostly myth (or, rather, folks blaming digital for poor sonics). Digital just has a different sound; either you know how to mix digitally or not.

So while I prefer analog by like, a LOT, I'd never blame my digital tools for a poor mix. Nope...that responsibility (unfortunatelyheh) falls on me...
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect ➑️

There was a whole rake of very very good engineers and producers made some right sonic messes back in the early days of digital. It takes time to learn how to utilise digital, if you have come up using tape. You have unlearn a whole bunch of instinct that has served you well over the years and learn new rules.. If you are moving to all ITB mixes, this is even more prevalent... I've just bought an album by a guy i know is damn good with an analogue board, first digital album... Oh boy, does it sound like their first digital album as well...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto ➑️
Boo yah.

I mix ITB, OTB, to tape, to digital, all manners of in-between, on a desk, without a desk, etc etc. And my stuff always sounds like my stuff. It's a bit quicker and easier on a desk, with all outboard, to tape, but frankly, I think digititis is mostly myth (or, rather, folks blaming digital for poor sonics). Digital just has a different sound; either you know how to mix digitally or not.

So while I prefer analog by like, a LOT, I'd never blame my digital tools for a poor mix. Nope...that responsibility (unfortunatelyheh) falls on me...

EXACTLY. Good mixes can be achieved completely ITB, you just have to work harder to emulate the analog sound.

Anyone "suffering from digititis" check out Charles Dyes Mix It Like A Record.
He shows you a mix ALL ITB. Run away from this sure-to-be Godawful plugin
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I can't believe people are posting serious responses to this...

Did you guys LISTEN to their 'examples'?

They sound like they're coming out of a mid-60s table radio. This is a joke... an elaborate one, to be sure. But a joke.

And if it's not... it's just too, too mind-boggling. Someone might go to this much trouble for a joke -- but no one in their right mind would go to this much trouble to give away demos to a plug in that sounds so obviously thin, dull, and degraded. Really. Heavens, at least I hope not...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You need Billy Mays to do an infomercial for it.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow! That's just brilliant! The VST seems to work, I downloaded the demo and tried it on a few tracks. The results were........err.....astounding...... to say the least.

It has an incredible ability to make everything sound like it was recorded using a cassette player held up to a gramophone horn.

Just need some "beautiful pebbles" and a "clever little clock" and I'm on my way to sonic Nirvana. *shakes head
Lives for gear

There was a similar "service" offered that was covered in a thread over in the Mastering Forum. You mail them your CD, they "analogize" it, and send it back on a different CD. For merely $50 per album.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRB ➑️
Wow! That's just brilliant! The VST seems to work, I downloaded the demo and tried it on a few tracks. The results were........err.....astounding...... to say the least.

It has an incredible ability to make everything sound like it was recorded using a cassette player held up to a gramophone horn.

Just need some "beautiful pebbles" and a "clever little clock" and I'm on my way to sonic Nirvana. *shakes head
I bow to your greater courage -- and to your greater descriptive abilities. You've succinctly captured my impression to the proverbial T.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMoon ➑️
Someone should have stuck Pink's latest album through it...heh
Yeah Jeez what is it with Pink's stuff - so freeekin' harsh and bright, my ears and brain hurt! arrrrgh.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
"Digititis" means inflammation of a finger. You don't need a plugin to cure that. It can be done with penicillin if caused by streptococci, and with dicloxacillin if caused by staphylococci...

But then, of course, we are back in the analog field again.

Tom Buur, M.D.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
haha I read digitits heh
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sometimes these silly threads on gearslutz are really funny.. heh
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Joe the weekend warrior throws up some cheap-ass Chinese mic's that he bought for $40 'cause everybody was raving 'bout 'em. He doesn't take the time to position them so that he doesn't get proximity effect. Hmmmm. "No problem. I'll just throw a high-pass eq plugin on every track!" he says to himself. Now the mix is thin and lifeless. Hmmm. "I know what it needs!" he says to himself, "Compression will fatten things up!". So each and every track gets a plugin compressor 'cause, well they're just as good as hardware ones right? Now the mix is thin, and lifeless and small. Hmmm... "A limiter for the whole mix! I'll slap Ozone on the master bus!" So Joe opens up Ozone and slathers on every option available. "This exciter will really make things shine!" Joe is mixing on some el cheapo monitors in an untreated room so, hell, he just dials things in as best he can and let's 'er rip.

Joe then burns a CD and plays the song on his home stereo. Hmmmm... it sounds like brittle cack. I know...

Digititus! If only I'd used a tape machine...
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombuur ➑️
"Digititis" means inflammation of a finger.
Those samples inflamed one of my fingers: fuuck
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
DAR inflames my passions.

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
hey, you guys might be interested in a similar product that i'll be marketing soon.
it's called: DIGIT-BEGONE!!!
they are authentic pieces of an actual blanket that was actually inside my actual bass drum for months therefore naturally treated with actual muffled bass drum sounds.
sound too good to be true?
well that's not all!
you also get the actual soundmagic dust that has actually accumulated on the blanket over these actual sound months actually.
you also get the actual lint based digit decrapulator!
all for just $19.95
how does it work, you ask?
well, you put it over your speakers and the hi-end magically dissapears.
i know what your thinking, how can you sell something like this for so little?
well, i just got a big heart, that's all.
call now!!!!
and i'll trow in a 2nd. one free!!!!!!!! really,actually!...
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I just wrap my mixes in a ShamWow. When you hear my mixes you will be saying WOW!
I can't do this all day so order now.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Haha, this thread is definitely a good crack. Still gotta get rid of my digititus though.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern ➑️
hey, you guys might be interested in a similar product that i'll be marketing soon.
it's called: DIGIT-BEGONE!!!
they are authentic pieces of an actual blanket that was actually inside my actual bass drum for months therefore naturally treated with actual muffled bass drum sounds.
sound too good to be true?
well that's not all!
you also get the actual soundmagic dust that has actually accumulated on the blanket over these actual sound months actually.
you also get the actual lint based digit decrapulator!
all for just $19.95
how does it work, you ask?
well, you put it over your speakers and the hi-end magically dissapears.
i know what your thinking, how can you sell something like this for so little?
well, i just got a big heart, that's all.
call now!!!!
and i'll trow in a 2nd. one free!!!!!!!! really,actually!...
are they made in Germany? because you know, "the Germans always make really great stuff!!"
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➑️
Yeah Jeez what is it with Pink's stuff - so freeekin' harsh and bright, my ears and brain hurt! arrrrgh.
Oh, and that Pink band needs another singer and better songs
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…