"Change" New Arrangement - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"Change" New Arrangement
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
"Change" New Arrangement

Hey everyone,

Its been awhile since I've posted but I figured Id put everyone up to date with my Progress.

This is the most recent version of my arrangement for my song change. I sent the guide track to my friend/Producer and I got back this. He dubbed the vocals so its not me singing, as this is more of a guide for me to follow when the actual Production Starts but Im not looking for critique on anything vocally except the actual vocal arrangements.

Its going to be at least another few weeks until I go into actual production on the EP, and Im still demoing Ideas but I think its really coming together great.

Download Change New Arrangement - MP3 Change New Arrangement by Eddie T. Ellis Free Music Hosting

Thanks guys,
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone?
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
My mistake.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Im not sure if you read the thread but I specifically said that this isnt a critique of a mix. Its the arrangement and thats it.
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone else wanna chime in on this?
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I just listened again with the right perspective. Sorry about that.

From a structure perspective, I think it flows real well and that you did a great job. Most people get hung up in transitions from choruses to verses and vice versa but you keep it moving right along.

During the bridge, I thought you had an opportunity to bring a bit more predictability by finding some repetition in the progression but what you chose does work. I think the saving grace for bridges that are non repetitive but keep moving in a forward direction - progression wise- is that they are short and when done that way, they can bring some added color to the song. I could see that being very useful in songs that are extremely repetitive... sometimes you need a break.

I am not saying yours is too repetitive but just explaining my perspective. I think you did something unique there and it worked. -applause-

The only thing I wonder is how would it sound without a key change. That may just be my background as the music I am mostly involved in has overused key changes out the wazoo. My perspective is that I would avoid them unless absolutely necessary. Again, just sharing a perspective... not a complaint, just wondering.

nicely done.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Nice work so far. What I would have a look at is:

1. The transition into the second chorus. Something is not quite right. It seems a little bit too forced to me. not smooth enough.

2. In the chorus i find the repetition of the cha-a-a-a-ange melody not really good. The line after the change line would profit from a different melody line.

The key change is nice, I wouldn't change this.

However, all in all quite catchy. the solo is killer.

Cheers!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey everyone,

I really appreciate the input so far.

Ill try and address all your comments and see if I can get any more input from everyone.

First and foremost, I most say this is going to be one on the track on my EP so Im trying to get the arrangement as radio friendly as I can before it goes to A&R at Hollywood and Universal. So any tips for modernization would be great.

Here's what I still have to show, arrangement wise:
1. Drum Loop/Beat Ala Katy Perry during the first verse transitioning into live kit during Pre-Chorus
2. Various Electronic Effects ala JB.
3. Simplifying the Chorus Vocal line to be easier to sing and flow better, more Harmony Based.
4. More layered Guitars throughout and Piano in the Pre-Chorus.
5. Some easier flow in spots to transition better.
6. Replacing dated Acoustics with Clean Tele Electrics and lower Acoustic Levels.
7. I actually pay tune down the key a half step to more easily sing the Key Change.
8. More layered harmonies, and cool effects and such.
9. Some cool Leslie Speaker guitar stuff with riff's thrown in here and there.

How's this sound?

Thanks for the compliments so far guys, it means a lot!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Keep the critique coming, I need all I can get. ;-)
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
All those things sound great in theory. No one call tell until it is implemented and can be heard.

Does this mean you want critiques on the recording now?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
no.
Old 5th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm no moderator, but I do believe you're supposed to post this sort of thing in the "here's my mp3, if you help me, I'll help you" section.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…