Old 2nd February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Avalon Customer service is horrible

Ok so at my work we have 5 Avalon VT-737's, 3 of which we bought 4 months
ago and one of those 3 just died. Avalon refuses to answer their phones,
return calls, respond to fax's requesting an ra# and I've been trying to get a
hold of them for a week and a half to get this thing fixed. It's pretty freakin
ridiculous that a company treats it's customers so badly.

So any of you out there that care about customer service, don't buy Avalon.

Also, does anyone by chance have an email address for someone here that I can
contact directly? Maybe that will help.
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiummusic ➑️

They are in Irvine off of Franklin in the Tustin Ranch area. I drove there and walked in, and yes....They acted like they didn't give a crap in person as well, but since I was there and wasn't leaving until it was handled, they fixed it (which I payed for, and I think they did it just to get rid of me). Even the secretary makes you feel unwelcome when you walk in. If I was Wynn, I would fire the whole lot of those unfriendly jerks. If you don't like customers, find a new freaking job!
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'll see if I still have that address
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
They don't use email, so the phone is the way to go. I called them just now and got through. Did you call during NAAM?
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I call and always get answers/service etc, I called Thursday and ask for a warranty card and it was in my mail box Saturday 3K miles away, just 3 days. Great people at Avalon.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I've called probably 15 times since the Friday before last (Jan 23rd) and they only
answered once. And that one time the receptionist told me that all of the techs
were out to lunch and to call back in 30 min and of course, didn't answer the phone
when I called back.

So I think I'm going to just drive down there. Thanks Empire Prod for the suggestion.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
out to lunch and to call back in 30 min <<<<<< I have got that as well, keep trying to call, they are very busy right now for some reason........but i still got my warranty card.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone ➑️
I call and always get answers/service etc, I called Thursday and ask for a warranty card and it was in my mail box Saturday 3K miles away, just 3 days. Great people at Avalon.

Pretty simple task, you cant say they are great based on that, wait until your avalon breaks and see what happens god forbid it does. But from the service the other guys are receiving it doesnt sound like there great people. Especially the one guy who said he went there and felt unwelcome, i hate that especially when the products are heavily priced. When the make me feel unwelcome when im paying there ****ing wage, i making them feel the size of a ****ing shrunken peanut that wishes they had of smiled when i walked in.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realziment ➑️
Pretty simple task, you cant say they are great based on that, wait until your avalon breaks and see what happens god forbid it does. But from the service the other guys are receiving it doesnt sound like there great people. Especially the one guy who said he went there and felt unwelcome, i hate that especially when the products are heavily priced. When the make me feel unwelcome when im paying there ****ing wage, i making them feel the size of a ****ing shrunken peanut that wishes they had of smiled when i walked in.
They have did a couple repairs for me , about a years ago I had a 747 I wanted fix to sell, took less than 2 weeks and I'm on the east coast, In the process I sold it over ebay, Avalon overlooked something in repair, I sent it back at Avalon expense they shipped it to the new owner for me because the new owner was in Wash State. All worked well and got great feedback. Good service...... Sometimes we all get the the run around for no good reason.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
fair enough, and yes everyone gets the run around from time to time, but the point i want to make is that everyone should receive the same treatment. There's nothing worse than customer service people treating you like you should not be there. With the staff in my company's i stress to them no matter what kind of day your having make sure the customer doesnt know about it and make them feel welcome and comfortable otherwise there gone without wage.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i've heard some real nightmare stories about Avalon. luckily for me, i don't like their product.
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiummusic ➑️

This doesn't really surprise me. The little contact I've had with the company has not impressed me. Off to the moan zone and away!

Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Right now best time to call Avalon and get a answer is from 11am to 3pm EST. after that you can forget it, they told me they were very busy right now, I have no idea what is going on because things use to be better.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i had no problems the 1 time i had to use there repair service about 6 months ago. quick with excellent followup. sorry to hear about your problems.
JMc
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Guess I just had beginner's luck. I bought a 737 secondhand, had some questions about it, picked up the phone, called, was put through to tech support with no hassles and spoke with a guy who was very helpful and answered all of my questions. Weird.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMc ➑️
Guess I just had beginner's luck. I bought a 737 secondhand, had some questions about it, picked up the phone, called, was put through to tech support with no hassles and spoke with a guy who was very helpful and answered all of my questions. Weird.
That's the key. You got through to a tech guy. The problem now is the avoiding customers game that goes on. If you can get someone to answer that phone that is HUGE, and if you can somehow get past the secretary and talk to someone in the warehouse then your chances are looking a lot better and there is a possibility that they might do you the great mercy of showing you their great kindness and grace by repairing their perfect product that you ruined instead of leaving it broken like you obviously deserve.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Prod ➑️
If you can get someone to answer that phone that is HUGE, and if you can somehow get past the secretary and talk to someone in the warehouse then your chances are looking a lot better and there is a possibility that they might do you the great mercy of showing you their great kindness and grace by repairing their perfect product that you ruined instead of leaving it broken like you obviously deserve.

My experience.... I haven't been in contact with Avalon in about 3-4 years, but at that time they were always one of the most difficult companies to get someone on the phone. Broken 737's was the most common reason for calling.... With that said, I owned an M5 for years, and never had any issues.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Interesting... I have only good things to say about dealing with Avalon. When I needed calibration documentation for my 747 it was in the mail almost instantly. Same thing the only time IΒ΄ve needed to replace a circuit, it was here in a couple of days - and IΒ΄m on the other side of the planet.
JMc
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Yes, but this thread is dedicated to bashing Avalon's practically non-existent (and when existent rude) customer service. How dare you, sir!!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…