Ultrasone pro750 vs. pro900 vs. Audio technica ath-m50 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ultrasone pro750 vs. pro900 vs. Audio technica ath-m50
Old 2nd February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Ultrasone pro750 vs. pro900 vs. Audio technica ath-m50

Hey guys!
I found this forum over google and been following it a lot lately!
I'm about to pick up a new pair of headphones as my old AKG 240 (around 15 years of age now) are dying away!
I have heard from various sources a lot about the headphones mentioned in the topic title! I know there are many opinions out there concerning either of them... I appreciate any! I'm not what one would call a professional , but I'm having fun with the band in my own studio at home!
I would have the money to go for the highest end here (the Pro 900), but my question is: is it worth it?
I have heard so many different opinions about the ultrasones and I have heard much good about the audio technica!
I'm worried a bit by the price though! As a matter of fact, the 750s would be pretty much what I would want to spend (220€ at thomann.de that is). 300€ would be actually perfect! Thus the ATs are not even half of the price I'm willing to pay for a good pair of headphones! On the other hand I have heard a lot of good stuff about them (especially what you get for your money)...
Third the Pro 900... it seems like another step up to the 750s (S-Logic PLUS technology etc.), but is in fact actually quite a bit above the budget I wanted to spend!

So my main questions are:
1: Are the Ultrasone Pro 900s the 100€ more then the budget I was aiming for worth it compared to the 750s and
2: how does the Audio Technica ATH-M50 compare to them?

Thanks in advance for any reply!
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have Ultrasone 750 and the ATH-M50. The Ultrasones are in a better class altogether. The ATH-M50s are good for tracking. They're rugged and comfortable. But they just don't have the same resolution, especially at the top and bottom of the spectrum, as Ultrasones.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks a lot!
Anyone having had the chance to compare 750 to 900?
📝 Reply