Quantcast
wiring question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
wiring question
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
wiring question

I'm setting up my AUX returns through a patchbay to an older Allen and Heath Scepter rack mount mixer. The aux returns are 1/4" and have the tip at -8 and the ring at +4. Have never had to worry about it, becaused all of my outboard effects have been unbalaced up to this point. BUT, now I have an AKG BX-10. (I'm so giddy I can barely write this.) So here is (finally) the question, From the reverb to the return, do I simply modify an XLR-TRS cable by wiring the + to the ring and the - to the tip at the TRS side?

As a follow up, I have a Valley International HH2X2B level matching box. Should I use that to get the -10 signal coming out of the mixer Aux sends to +4 to feed the reverb?

Thanks guys.

(On the side, I like the eq's on this board. 12 channels w/3 band EQand direct outs and inserts, 4 aux sends, stereo bus input, 2 stereo returns with access to first 2 aux sends, and a stereo bus insert, functional).
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
anyone?
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dafo โžก๏ธ
. The aux returns are 1/4" and have the tip at -8 and the ring at +4.

What do you mean by this above, how do you have the tip at -8 and the ring at +4.
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
It's not me, Allen and Heath has the ring at +4. I'll try to post a pic of the diagram soon.
๐Ÿ“ Reply