Quantcast
Live Gear Questions - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Live Gear Questions
Old 1st February 2009
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Live Gear Questions

Sorry not a studio gear question, But is it ok to leave mixers, eq's, speakers left in trailer for storage between gigs ? I realize that heat is much worse for dry rot on your speakers but does live gear sit well with average 25-50 degree cold ?
Right now until I can get a storage building which would be cold to but would be insulated for storage, I been leaving all my gear in the studio and its just in the way sometimes.

Help he out with some answers and experience !!
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
all i can tell you is i played in bands for more than ten years doing weekly gigs, moving town to town on sunday/monday and such and we always left our gear in the truck or whatever mode of transport we were using at the time at those temperatures(25 to 50) sometimes for days between gigs. we never had a problem due to that. we were carefull to leave the tube amps on stanby for a half hour or so before putting signal through them but besides that there were no problems. i think if it's not to humid where you are, it should be alright although obviously not ideal.
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Thanks for the advice, I mainly storing my large full range cabs.....

anymore advice someone? anyone ? .......BUMP.
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Any tour across the country has all of their gear sitting in the back of large unheated trucks for the majority of the time. From my experience, as long as everything stays very dry it should be fine. I would put some calcium carbonate in a cloth bag, then hang it above a bucket in a corner of the room just to soak up any excess moisture.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…