Quantcast
New ADK Cremona and Berlin mics being tested in my studio right now! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New ADK Cremona and Berlin mics being tested in my studio right now!
Old 31st January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
New ADK Cremona and Berlin mics being tested in my studio right now!

*Edit... apparently, the hosting site for these samples is somehow banned on GS. WHy, I don't know, but the blotted out words are ''hear the gear''. No spaces, followed by .com**

After some conversations with Larry at ADK, I managed to get a few of ADKs higher end mics into my studio. I believe these are pre-production models, I don't think the mics are even available for purchase yet. I'm doing extensive testing of them, and samples will all be forthcoming.

In the meantime, there is a good sample of the new Cremona 251 and the Berlin 47 (both FET mics) along with samples of the Hamburg II and the Vienna II (also FETs) above a drum kit available here:

http://***********.com/a/114-ADK_FET...te_ISA_428.php

And a few other ADK custom shop mic samples on my voice, here:

http://***********.com/a/115-ADK_mic...te_ISA_428.php

I'll be updating with new samples over the next few days.
Old 24th March 2009
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
and, how do you like them?
Old 27th September 2009 | Show parent

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
bump
(dead links)
Old 27th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Holy cow! This is an old thread.

I ended up keeping the Cremona. Here's my experience with them:
Berlin- This mic has a pretty strong presence and a mellow top end. It has that "on the radio" sound that many vocals have on old 70s records, if that makes sense. It's hard to explain. It reminds me a bit of a Shure SM7b, too. I used it for stacking BG vocals and it worked very well, I thought. Defiinitely "retro."

Cremona- This is a very full sounding mic, with a boost (as you'd expect) way up high. The bottom end is big, and it really brought out the "air" in the cymbals on the kit I was mic'ing. It sounded nice on my voice, too. PRetty natural sounding. I also liked it on the female vocal I auditioned it with.

I kept the Cremona because it was more different from my ADK TC 67AU than was the Berlin. The Berlin has a similar (not at all identical) coloration on some sources to the TC 67, but the 67 did more of what I wanted. The cremona will do different things well than the Berlin (and the TC 67) and that's why I kept it.
๐Ÿ“ Reply