Quantcast
Studio in a Car Stereo ? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio in a Car Stereo ?
Old 30th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Studio in a Car Stereo ?

Anyone got some recommendations for a simple setup to kind of simulate a studio sweet spot in my drivers seat? What are some good open natural, not shrill or overly bright tweaters that give good detail on the voice with that bit of air on the top ? I can pull the fader over from the right to get the left/right balanced equally.

I'm thinking of one or two of these subs under my seats for a nice bottom but nothing crazy loud or deep, just nice solid bass.

Kenwood - KSC-SW10

And maybe these for the doors / tweets, not sure, I went to best buy to try them but they were too ******** to audition them with there hosed up out of phase, tweeters turn off crap setup.

Infinity - Car Audio

I'm open to amp suggestions too.
Old 30th January 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I personally like Dynaudio for my speakers (mids and tweeters). You can also go with Focal. 2 way system is easier to configure than 3 way.

If you want really hi fi, go with McIntosh amps but the JLAudio 5 channel amp is perfect for simple setups and sounds great.

For subs, I prefer two 10s to one 12. A decent JLAudio sub works.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…