Quantcast
emu 1820m/cubase issues - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
emu 1820m/cubase issues
Old 29th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
emu 1820m/cubase issues

ok i finally got my sync issues sorted but now im having serious difficulty with the emu 1820m interface and cubase. originally i was using sx3, but i tried upgrading to cubase 4, but im still getting the same problem.

the problem is whenever i go to the vst connections window to set up the various ins/outs for the emu (adat and dock outs) sx crashes as soon as i change one of the ins or outs. this is causing me a major headache, as it pretty much renders cubase useless to me. i have tried using the various outs on fl studio 6, and it works fine. however for recording purposes, fl6 is a piece of ****.

has anyone got any ideas how to solve this? im thinking of rolling back to sx2, but i dunno if that will help either.
Old 20th February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Did you try updating the drivers for your 1820m? I have the same card and have just tried using MIDI through Cubase SX3 and I haven't had any problems. I've used both plugins and my Korg Triton Extreme's sounds without issue. If you haven't updated the drivers, try doing that, or even just reinstalling them. If that doesn't help, ****, try uninstalling the whole sound card and Cubase, and reinstalling both.
Old 20th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I also have had SX3 with an 1820m for a few years, and through 2 different computer builds. I have had no issues except for a little occasional wankiness with the Cubase virtual patchbay. Overall it is a very stable combination. It is important that you have the latest Emu ASIO driver(there was an update in 2008), and make sure that your system has not reverted to the windows audio driver. Even though it is not your current problem, make sure your C4 updates are also current. If that doesn't fix it, the problem is elsewhere in your system, not in Cubase or the Emu.
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Just as a rule of thumb... NEVER use the drivers that come with any hardware unless you've checked the website to see if there are any newer versions...
They are right though.... there are very recent Patchmix AND Emu driver updates available..... Kudos to Emu for keeping at it
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
And if that wasn't enough, it's the same download for XP and Vista 32 and 64-bit
js1
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
It's something specific to your system. I've successfully used the 1820m with every version of Cubase from SX2 to Cubase 5, and from the first drivers to the latest.

Unfortunately, I don't have any great suggestions that would actually be helpful...

js
๐Ÿ“ Reply