Quantcast
Best headphones for iPhone 3G / iPod? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best headphones for iPhone 3G / iPod?
Old 29th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Best headphones for iPhone 3G / iPod?

Really difficult, almost impossible to find good portable headphones. I always just find something annoying with every headphone I try. Let´s see...

-Apple´s default earphones: Terrible sound, keeps falling out of my ear, doesn´t block outside noises at all. Verdict = unusable.

-Sennheiser PX100: Not a very good sounding headphones. Terrible and cheap highs, muffled bass. Stays in the head, but wearing them in public, littlebit embarrasing (depends of course whether or not you worry what other people think). Doesn´t block outside noises at all. No mic "answer/close call, next/previous song, play/pause" button. Verdict = pretty much unsable too, but slightly better than the Apple earphones.

-Etymotic Hf2: Sounds very good. I was really happy first when I got these, but then the reality hit me hard in the face. It is IMPOSSIBLE to walk or move with these IEMs. If the cable moves or scrubs inside/outside your shirt/jacket, even tiniest bit, it causes very loud noises inside your head. Even when you walk, you can hear your footsteps going THUM THUM THUM!!! So forget going for a run with these! Also not so comfortable inside the ears. Verdict = Sadly I paid lot of money for these, but I have to say it, UNUSABLE! :( (Unless of course you are sitting perfectly still in airplane or a train).

So, I´m really going crazy now, that where could I find good headphones for my iPhone 3G. I´m hoping if people here has had similar experiences than mine and have found good headphones for the iPhone or iPod for that matter?

I could live with the PX100 if they had a good sound and a mic "answer/close call, next/previous song, play/pause" button.

I could live with the Etymotic, if they would be wireless and wouldn´t need to be recharged. But I guess I would be willing to compromise charging them, if there would be wireless version (and even stand hearing my footsteps going THUM THUM!). But they aren´t so maybe my wishes are too sci-fi.

So please, suggestions are welcome for good ear/headphones with good sound and conviniency/usefulness?
Old 29th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I use the Sennheiser MX550 (with the EQ flat) on my iPhone and it sounds pretty good...for what it is.
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I got now excited of these three models from Sennheiser, because of the "Twist to Fit" system:

MX 55 VC Street II
MX 65 VC Street II
MX 95 VC Style II

They all pretty much cost the same. But the MX 65 are about 10€ less, which I don´t understand. What are they lacking compared to those two other ones? I think the MX 95 are the newest, but they don´t have the "Basswind system for strong bass", they have "Special damping for detailed sound", whatever those mean.

So I guess the biggest question here is, which one of these sounds the best?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…