Quantcast
Converters - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Converters
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Converters

Hi, I'm brand new on this message board, though I've been reading it for quite a while now, I'm glad to finally get involved. Over the years I've learned the importance of the proper recording path. If one part of the path is missing it brings everything else down. It all has to be right, from the performance to the instrument to the mic to the pre to the... converter. Which brings me to my question. I have a good ole' 002 that of coarse handles my ad/da currently. I am looking to upgrade, not to HD as I have acess to a system when I need it. I have always been impressed by Apogee so i'm thinking of picking up a Rosetta 800 to use with my digi for 8 channels of ad/da. I'll clock the 002 to the rosetta via ADAT lightpipe. Now I'm just curious if anyone can assure me that the 002 will have NO effect on the sound seeing as how the rosetta will be handling ALL of the converting in and out, basically just rendering the 002 (I of coarse dont use the pre's) as an interface for PTs. I am 99% sure that I am correct in thinking this. But I wanted to run it by the pros here on gearslutz before I go running my mouth to others.
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
yep

yep.. thumbsup
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
yup?

Yup i'm right about this?
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
yes, you are correct.
Old 28th January 2009
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomof81 โžก๏ธ
I have always been impressed by Apogee so i'm thinking of picking up a Rosetta 800 to use with my digi for 8 channels of ad/da. I'll clock the 002 to the rosetta via ADAT lightpipe. Now I'm just curious if anyone can assure me that the 002 will have NO effect on the sound seeing as how the rosetta will be handling ALL of the converting in and out, basically just rendering the 002 (I of coarse dont use the pre's) as an interface for PTs. I am 99% sure that I am correct in thinking this.
You are correct! If your patching your line level signals into the R800 AD, and then feeding the resulting channels in the PT LE sequencer to the ADAT outputs, which I believe are 9-16, you are indeed bypassing the Digi Electronics and using the better, more effective R800's electronics to encode and decode digital audio to/from the software.
๐Ÿ“ Reply