Quantcast
Some Speaker Advise - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Some Speaker Advise
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Some Speaker Advise

So I'm sensing it's time for new monitor speakers. Currently have JBL 402's and a set of aventones. As the gear has slowly improved over the years it would seem I am becoming more anel about my mix. (Duh) And find the JBL's more challenging to get a great sound. (Lots of time playing the mix in reference devives, I hate that). And in case you are wondering yes money is an object. (About $1500.00 in buget) So with said here is what I am considering:

Adam A7
Dynaudio BM 6A
Genelec 8030A

Thanks in advance for any thoughts
John
Alien Agent on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
Attached Thumbnails
Some Speaker Advise-control-room-2-2-.jpg  
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Im really diggin' the JBL LSR4328p's with room mode correction that Im using and you can get a pair for about $1200 or less if you want to buy them used.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
i auditioned over 2-3 hours all these monitors in a professional post production studio sometime ago. each one has there strengths and weaknesses.

But it is impossible to know which may be suited for your needs without a little more information.

in particualr what type of music are you making and in what type of space are you making music big, small, bright space, dull space etc. the more info you provide the better feedback you will receive.

it has been said many, many times before here but the the best way is to take your best understood music (yours and ideally your own stuff) to the local store and trust your own ears. monitors are ultra personal - even amoung the pros there is no "objective" answer to this question.

what is best is what best suits your needs and mixing style.

spek

ps for my own needs i did not purchase ay of those monitors as they did not suit my particular needs.

spek
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
jbl lsr1428p here also..kicking seriours butt....
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 10 years
As far the style of music I'm doing it's mainly Rock, blues with some jazz elements (Think Van Morrison).

Strange I wasn't thinking of the JBL's since that's what I have. So thanks for that advice.

John
๐Ÿ“ Reply