deleted
Old 5th May 2009
msl
Lives for gear

bump
Old 7th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Well, I bought and sold an EPM, so I got a chance to hear it. It is better sounding than the VLZ in my opinion. Every aspect, preamp, EQ, summing. It's not a lot better, it's just better to hear without doing an AB.

I decided to buy a Mackie Onyx which is significantly better than both Soundcraft EPM and Mackie VLZ. It's just for line mixing on location recording gigs and is quite good for the price. I kept my Mackie VLZ 1202 and sold the Soundcraft EPM. The Mackie VLZ 1202 is a handy problem solver -- like having a Swiss army knife in the toolkit.
Old 4th January 2012
Lives for gear

Great post. I am about to get new 24 Onyx this year. Got VLZ3 and love it!

Any news about something else? BTW Mackie know how to build a good mixer. But pretty sceptical about new build-in compressors in 24.4
Old 4th January 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghello ➑️
Great post. I am about to get new 24 Onyx this year. Got VLZ3 and love it!

Any news about something else? BTW Mackie know how to build a good mixer. But pretty sceptical about new build-in compressors in 24.4
Yes, the built-in effects on most low-end and mid-level boards are not very good. But the new Studiolive boards from Presonus seem to be quite usable.
Old 5th January 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
+1 for the studiolive presonus. I have the 16.4.2 and like it. The preamps are sonically a bit rounder than mackie.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…