Quantcast
Best earplugs for going to loud clubs with? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best earplugs for going to loud clubs with?
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Best earplugs for going to loud clubs with?

The volume in clubs is ridiculous these days and I'm worried my current ear plugs arent doing enough. Whats good out there?
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Have a look here:

Etymotic Research, Inc. - Musicians Earplugs

I've got them, and whereas they are better than any other earplugs, I still think the reduce treble more than bass. So not as perfect as they claim, but still the best.

Of course, you need to find a dealer who can make molds of your eartracts. And they are not cheap compared to the X-mas trees you can buy in any music shop. But who cares?
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
in all seriousness...

i use these...you like a doosh bag who wants to land a plane somewhere...but they are amazing...they kill the highs BUT NOT the lows and mids...they're made by Vic Firth (the drum co) and are manufactured so that drummers can still feel the kit when they play. i swear by them, don't do a gig without them and take them to most shows i got to...check 'em out at the drum desk of your local GC...ask the sales guy to beat the snot out of a kit while you are wearing them...it is pretty dope...you have to get used to the "fish-bowl" feeling but it goes away fast...just a suggestion...i hated ALL other earplugs...i love these!
Attached Images
Best earplugs for going to loud clubs with?-372425.jpg 

Last edited by britdick; 26th January 2009 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: a
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
ELACIN hearing protection
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I've tried various ear plugs years ago but never found anything I like so I've been using the industrial foam plugs for the past 15 or so years. Some guys don't like them but I've found that very few people know how to put them in. They need to be rolled and stretched and put as far into your ear as you can go without hurting yourself. That evens out the freq. response. If you put them in wrong they only cut out the highs. I've also "learned them" like you would learn a set of studio monitors. I definitely use them to mix with in club situations.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Just picked up a pair of the Hearos "High Fidelity" plugs for $15 at the local guitar shop. Leaps and bounds better than the traditional foam plugs. Not ccompletely flat, but better high end than foam plugs. They are a little uncomfortable at first, but they're not custom made.

I'm sure there's better out there, but for $15 they're good for me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Those custom made ones I can get here at the Optician rule.
They fit for hours without being annoying, they filter the loudness down very effective.

The thing I always hear about earplugs they are only really effective when you keep wearing them.
So don't unplug in the club, or the shock your ears get might be as damaging as not wearing them at all, even if it's for a split second.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
i have a pair of the Etymotic Research ER20s and they rock.

Sure you can get custom ones that cost 10x more -- but hey you need to get professional fitting etc...

I am sure the custom ones are great -- i happen to like the ER20s just fine.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
+1 on the musician's plugs. I got mine a few years back and carry them in my pocket everywhere I go. It makes enjoying live shows so much easier.

I saw Motley Crue a few years back and everyone around me was complaining at the volume. I heard every note clear as a bell and the PA sounded awesome.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My custom fitted musician earplugs were the best money I ever spent on gear. Sure it was $160 and took a couple weeks to wait for them, but they are absolutely indispensable to me. I use them for gigging, live sound mixing, casual club going, motorcycling, you name it. Even if you aren't a musician, I can't recommend them highly enough.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
another vote for the custom plugs

I have the EARinc molded plugs with the 25db attenuators. You can remove and replace the attenuators for different levels of protection and you can also have them made to be monitors. I could not face teaching drum lessons without them!

you can often find them at various trade shows, not just Audio shows, but motorcycle stuff, hunting and shooting, law enforcement. You can save on going to a doctor for the molds if you can find an event where they are going to be.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…