Quantcast
Lavry - Can I do this? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lavry - Can I do this?
Old 26th January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Lavry - Can I do this?

Hey all! Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if this can (should) be done. I'm wanting to mixdown (in Samplitude) using my Lavery Blue AD/DA. I sent a digital line out to lavry, jumped to the AD side and back to Samplitude using Lavery's dithering on, with a stereo track armed to record. There has to be some kind of loop somewhere because I'm getting this doubled, phasey, funky thing going on in the newly recorded track. Could someone give me a word of advice? Thanks!
Old 26th January 2009
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagerty ➡️
Hey all! Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if this can (should) be done. I'm wanting to mixdown (in Samplitude) using my Lavery Blue AD/DA. I sent a digital line out to lavry, jumped to the AD side and back to Samplitude using Lavery's dithering on, with a stereo track armed to record. There has to be some kind of loop somewhere because I'm getting this doubled, phasey, funky thing going on in the newly recorded track. Could someone give me a word of advice? Thanks!
Your post is kinda of confusing. If you want to mixdown in Samplitude, that means your staying in the box. So nothing is going out of the box. Digital signals don't have to be convetered as they are already in digital. In Samp they have a external effects setup, where you can assign outputs of your converter to the external effect. It even addresses latency by sending a ping out to detect how long of a latency you will have. You need at least 4 in's and out's on your converter as your main output will usually be 1 & 2.
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This may seem obvious, but make sure you're not listening to the dithered track and the original at the same time, they'll be a sample shift in the dithered one that'll will cause the "phasiness" you're hearing. Also, make sure you're not monitoring the Lavry inputs while you're recording it will create phase weirdness. And make sure you unpatch the A/D or have the monitoring turned off when you're playing back the dithered track.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…