D&R Series 2000, worth a look? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
D&R Series 2000, worth a look?
Old 26th January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
D&R Series 2000, worth a look?

Hi all,

I can get a D&R Series 2000 for close to nothing (maybe even nothing!).
It's an old board from the '80s. I'm on the low end side with my home studio, and looking to use the mixers faders to mix, and maybe use the pre's to record some stuff..
My set-up now consists of a MacBook with Logic Pro, Midi keyboard, Firewire interface (Edirol FA-66, to be upgraded to Fireface in while), several cheap mics (Shure, Sennheiser, T.Bone). I'm looking to upgrade this rig without spending tons of money. I do like mixing with my hands. A Mackie Control Universal is also very tempting, as it's changes would be stored inside logic, whereas i couldn't do that with the D&R as mixer for example.

Does anyone here have experience with D&R, especially the Series 2000?

There are also three MIDI ports at the back of the mixer.. I can't find where they could be for, not in the manual, have already contacted D&R about it, but i got no reply..

The mixer is looking like this one:

Would really love hearing some thoughts on this one...

Edit: I just received a mail from D&R. The MIDI connections where for a mute-system, but it wasn't further developed, so it isn't connected inside..
I'm still curious though what you may think of using this mixer as a mixing desk in a further digital studio .
Old 26th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have a 36 channel series 4000.
It is a great board.

I don't know how much different the series 2000 is from the 4k, but D&R do great boards. Can't go wrong for the right price.

Duco at D&R is a great resource, although they might not have all the parts they often have quite a bit lying around.
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
teo
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
+1 for D&R

Don't know that board, but I just bough an Orion from a fellow GS member...I still haven't set it up, but for the price I think it's a great mixer.
I did not know D&R before, but if the price is right, I think they make excellent products with great value for money, especially 2nd hand.
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
another orion owner. very good boards and very cheap on the used market. great value . thumbsup

and D&R support is second to none. altough the orion and the older series x000 boards were discontinued long time ago they still reply to questions regarding them.
Old 19th September 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
D&R Series 2000

I also have a D&R Series 2000..Loved it but no longer use it. What DO these boards sell for these days?? Thanks!! Coyote
Old 20th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
QUOTE "What DO these boards sell for these days?? Thanks!! Coyote"

well, the one in this thread is going for "close to nothing (maybe even nothing)"..... but maybe not what you wanted to hear....
Old 25th September 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Guess I'll just keep it! LOTS of inputs!
πŸ“ Reply