Quantcast
We need help setting up our rig! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
We need help setting up our rig!
Old 26th January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
We need help setting up our rig!

My production partner and myself are trying to set up our new rig for making beats. We need some help.

First let me tell you what equipment we have.

We are both running our computers with two Mbox2 Mini's. We are both running Pro Tools 8. We have a Presonus Central Station. (http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/qua...bd41274288.jpg) We have an Akai MPC 2500 on a JJOS1 Operating System (Multiple Images - Product Detail | Musician's Friend) and an M-Audio Axiom 49 (which has MIDI input and output and also a USB connection to the computer.

We haven't set them up yet, but we also have a Tascam US122 (http://www.tascam.com/i-68-201-64-1-C8FFEA04.jpg) and also a M-Audio Uno (which is MIDI in and out to USB)

We are trying to run everything together at once. Ideally, he will be able to run his keyboard and MPC into my computer while I can record what is coming in and maybe do some programming on my own M-Audio keyboard along with what he is doing on his gear.

Would anyone be able to look at what we have an suggest to us the best way to set up this rig? Do we have the equipment necessary, or is there anything else we would need?
📝 Reply