Quantcast
Daniel johns(silverchair) home demos that were leaked. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Daniel johns(silverchair) home demos that were leaked.
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Daniel johns(silverchair) home demos that were leaked.

So a few months ago someone on the silverchair forum randomly said they had demos of daniel johns that had unreleased tracks and different versions of songs and such that were all recorded by him at his home during the writing for young modern. No one believed him.... then he delivered... The songs were posted for about a day and then they were taken down and the person was banned and people were told not to talk of the subject. So anyways.... they are legit and all daniel. Some seem very drug induced and wierd and others are almost dissociatives sounding... and there are a few instrumentals(daniel was talking about wanting to do a movie soundtrack with van dyke parks and I think they sound pretty good.)

Old 26th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
any silverchair fans? wrong forum?
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I love Silverchair and thought Frogstomp in particular was a brilliant record - talented guys for sure. But I don't feel any connection to the music in the clips you posted - meaning it all just sounds too personal to me. Too much inside Daniel's head I guess (does that make sense?). What a great vocalist though.
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I love silverchair! what newer pop music should sound like. imo
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobass ➑️
My only question is, do YOU have permission to release these? You can't take something from a site and post it, then blame it on the other site. You are legally culpable here, too. I hope you have clearances-from both the artist and youtube.com, by the way.
I didnt put them on youtube... they are all posted from different people. I just know the story of how it all happened.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Dude always was a cheap Kurt Cobain knockoff.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by indravayu ➑️
what song of the four reminds you most of kurt? if you dont mind me asking....

I think he kinda surpassed any talent kurt could ever dream of starting with neon ballroom(kurt writing emotion sickness, black tangled heart, paint pastel princess.). Plus he learned how to really sing starting at neon ballroom. I will give you the first two albums though( although I think it is more of a veddar ripoff then kobain... I mean face it kurts vocal talent were not what made nirvana big.)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
True re: the Kurt shtick. But he didn't do it quite as accurately as the guy from Bush.

If you're a fan of heavy guitars: put on Frogstomp, or maybe Freak, or The Door, and turn up thy monitors. Do thy best not to cream thy jeans.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
that was true until Diorama. then he became a musician unto his own, and won my respect.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
The third song sounds like Jaws motionsoundtrack......
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think diorama is a modern classic..
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
To those how know of silverchair just from the frogstomp days, just listen to neon ballroom, diorama,and young modern. Then come back and say how much they sound like nirvana, you may be a bit surprised! Go to SILVERCHAIR and listen to there newest album young modern for free.

Last edited by fixdrummer80; 27th January 2009 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: link to webpage
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
That's funny, I always thought of Daniel Johns as sounding more like eddie vedder than anyone else; at least on Frogstomp. Not that I had a problem with that, I was happy to see a group of talented kids break onto the scene that weren't playing pop BS.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…