Quantcast
Noisy Gear?!? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Noisy Gear?!?
Old 25th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Noisy Gear?!?

Just curious if something is wrong, or am I going nuts...?

I recently treated my room and know I am noticing that quite a bit of my gear seems noisy.

Especially noisy is my UA gear, my 610 and 1176LN both seam to have a discernible hum.

I even pulled the 1176 out of the rack and plugged it in in a different room and the hum is so strong the unit has a low level of vibration.

Anyway, my powerd monitors have a bit of noise, my STA Level has a low level hum as well, as do my millennia pieces....

Am I being to anal retentive about dead silence in my control room? Am I just noticing it now or is my power going bad and damaging my gear? What could do that?

I have been in the same studio for 3 years with no problems till now, all of my gear goes to one outlet on one circuit, which is protected by an iso bar and is plugged into a ONE AC CB115 line conditioner...plus 4 Furman PL-8s in my racks.

Thanks for any advice.

XJ
Old 25th January 2009
Lives for gear

24 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I'd guess that the only thing that changed would be the ambient noise floor due to your room treatment.
📝 Reply